Help apple play please

ellesbells

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi there. My apple play seems to connect for a second and the screen comes up on my iPhone to ask if want to allow it work when locked but before I can press allow it disconnects. Same on dashboard it lights up apple play then stops. I’m using the usb a port

Try blowing out your lightning port on the phone. Probably a build up of pocket-lint inside the port. A sim removal tool is ideal for getting out the more stubborn fluff. Failing that, try a different USB-Lightning cable.

Check your lightning cable, you may find on one side one of the middle copper strips look burnt. I’ve had many an Apple OEM cable go that way.

Same for me. Was using a genuine Apple cable but would take ten or so attempts before it would connect properly. Bought a new one from Apple, works every time.

Attachments

• IMG_1780.jpeg
    IMG_1780.jpeg
    411.2 KB · Views: 58
Would recommend a short, braided, right-angle Lightning cable. (These are the ones I got: Amazon product ASIN B091KGZ4Z2).

It allows my iPhone 13 Pro to sit flat in the phone cubby.

I have noticed that the USB-A port on the car itself is quite loose, and just playing with the phone/cable can make the cable come out a few millimetres - just enough to interrupt the connection.

So, in summary, short right-angled cable, make sure the cable is in securely, once it's connected don't touch the phone.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Would recommend a short, braided, right-angle Lightning cable. (These are the ones I got: Amazon product ASIN B091KGZ4Z2).

It allows my iPhone 13 Pro to sit flat in the phone cubby.

I have noticed that the USB-A port on the car itself is quite loose, and just playing with the phone/cable can make the cable come out a few millimetres - just enough to interrupt the connection.

So, in summary, short right-angled cable, make sure the cable is in securely, once it's connected don't touch the phone.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
Good call 👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom