HELP- LOST MY KEYS -CAN YOU ADVISE MG HS PHEV 2022

frankmckenna2408

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Stupidly I have lost my car fob , when I went to get the spare , which was in a magnetic box under the rear it also had gone.
A local locksmith has opened the car but when he tried to program a spare fob the system said that he needed a four-digit code .
He could go no further. My local MG dealer is also at a loss and says no code exists and that keys are linked to the chassis number.
They also want the car trailered to them if they can get the keys which will take a week plus.
Brown and Gammons seem to sell the keys online hence my confusion with the situation.
Does anyone know if these codes exist and where could I get them?

Stupidly I have lost my car fob , when I went to get the spare , which was in a magnetic box under the rear it also had gone.
A local locksmith has opened the car but when he tried to program a spare fob the system said that he needed a four-digit code .
He could go no further. My local MG dealer is also at a loss and says no code exists and that keys are linked to the chassis number.
They also want the car trailered to them if they can get the keys which will take a week plus.
Brown and Gammons seem to sell the keys online hence my confusion with the situation.
Does anyone know if these codes exist and where could I get them?
You should have received the key number when you purchased the car, I think it’s alphanumeric string 15-20 characters long.

Upvote 0
You should have received the key number when you purchased the car, I think it’s alphanumeric string 15-20 characters long.
Hi Dbedford
In what manner were you given your key number please?
I can’t see it detailed on my sale documents

Upvote 0
You would have had a plastic strip with the key number attached to the keys on collection of the of the vehicle.

Upvote 0
Hi Dbedford
In what manner were you given your key number please?
I can’t see it detailed on my sale documents
With barcode with 5 digit number.

Attachments

• IMG_1833.jpeg
    IMG_1833.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back