[Car finally rejected] Recalcitrant Dealer

HQW

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
My dealer is saying the oil leak and undertray problems do not exist, that they have received nothing, no tech bulletins from MG UK at all.

"The oil appears to be engine oil and we don't know where it came from."

"The bulging undertray is a characteristic of the vehicle."

What do I do now?

Attachments

• 6536430B-F2A4-48B5-8D4C-2387E81DF471.jpeg
    6536430B-F2A4-48B5-8D4C-2387E81DF471.jpeg
    485.4 KB · Views: 292
  • B2B30840-F8C5-49AC-94FE-DE144D06E2A8.jpeg
    B2B30840-F8C5-49AC-94FE-DE144D06E2A8.jpeg
    443.1 KB · Views: 295
Last edited by a moderator:
Do a search on this forum as there are already long threads on both subject matters rather than create a duplicate thread

Do a search on this forum as there are already long threads on both subject matters rather than create a duplicate thread

Yeah I’m aware of those threads. This one is more of “how do I deal with my dealer when they are denying everything” sort of thread.

When did you receive the car? If it's within 30 days tell them you're rejecting the car if they don't fix it. Should get their attention.

This applies more to the leak than the undertray.

When did you receive the car? If it's within 30 days tell them you're rejecting the car if they don't fix it. Should get their attention.
I've told them exactly this, with a long list of issues. They rejected my rejection as their final decision.

Send them an email with links to the two threads?

Include a YouTube link to the October (I think) podcast where these were discussed and Miles confirmed that MG know about these and are looking at them? And that MG have even designed a modified breather to resolve the oil leak issue? (Why would MG do this if it wasn't a confirmed issue?) 🙄

Send them an email with links to the two threads?

Include a YouTube link to the October (I think) podcast where these were discussed and Miles confirmed that MG know about these and are looking at them? And that MG have even designed a modified breather to resolve the oil leak issue? (Why would MG do this if it wasn't a confirmed issue?) 🙄
Did exactly those things, their response:

“If there is a tech bulletin, we will be the first one to know.”

I've told them exactly this, with a long list of issues. They rejected my rejection as their final decision.
If they've rejected the rejection, and it's within the first 30 days, then you need to evidence the issues and the reason for rejection. A report from another MG dealer for example may help.

Use this as a template and adapt it to your specific issues. Send an email copy and one in the post via recorded delivery.

I think any help is now beyond this forum to be honest. If you cannot directly contact the franchise Ceo/Director to complain, and if so to no affect, then perhaps you need to go down a formal legal route if you are determined to reject the car.

I hope you got those statements in writing. The dealer seems to be utterly incompetent.
I've made a slight change to the thread title and opening post to make it clear this thread is about the competence of the dealer and not the substance of the two issues with the car as they are covered elsewhere :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back