Help. Podpoint issue

Ted the dog

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
So today I had my new podpoint installed and set the time to charge from 00.15 tonight to 07.00 on my app.
So I plugged it all in at 22.30 tonight and the car starting charging???.
Am I missing something as I want the car to start charging at 00.15 when it’s on economy 7

So today I had my new podpoint installed and set the time to charge from 00.15 tonight to 07.00 on my app.
So I plugged it all in at 22.30 tonight and the car starting charging???.
Am I missing something as I want the car to start charging at 00.15 when it’s on economy 7
Assuming your installer has connected the charger to your WiFi.
Did you set the timer more than 15 minutes before you plugged it in ?
It can take this long for the charger to update via WiFi.

Ok I think I sussed it by getting info from the VW EV forum. Someone suggested scheduling a time in the app everyday. Something I hadn’t done. So this morning I set the timer for 09.15 - 09.30 and the rest of the week for 00.15 - 06.45
This morning it worked almost perfectly - the car said connected but not charging then at 09.16 it started charging … for some reason it didn’t stop until 09.33 but I can live with that tolerance.

I have a phev but use a podpoint. The few minutes variation in time will happen for whatever strange reason. You can tell if the podpoint has a scheduled charge set by the colour of the indicator light. If it's blue, there's no schedule set and the charge will start immediately. If it's yellow (more like a pale green), there's a scheduled charge waiting to start.
The podpoint stats in the app need bug fixing. An overnight charge starting at, say, 00:30 will show as the previous day. Also, the charge session stop time will always show as the time you unplug the car, not when the car stopped charging.
I also find it annoying that should you want an immediate charge but have schedules set, you seem to have to go through every day's schedule in the app and disable every one before the charger will just plug in and go. You get used to the quirks though after a while.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom