Help with Tech Wizard MMB please

Powerwing

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Thank you in advance. I've set up the Tech Wizard MMB in my MG4 X Power however when I shut down car then power back up I can't see how to activate the MMB and make it come up on screen apart from unplugging from USB A and plugging back in again. Any ideas?

Choose Android auto/carplay on the infotainment screen?
Or does the box not restart at all after restarting the car?
On restarting the car the blue light is on the box but neither android auto or apple car play is lit up so can't be pressed. Initially I'm just trying to access the MMB menu screen which has icons for android auto but also Netflix, YouTube etc

Last edited:
That seems to be a common problem - the car not recognising anything on the USB port until the car has fully booted. Do you have an option with the MMB settings for a delayed start-up after power on? (e.g. set a 30 secs delay after it sees power before it starts to boot up). That way the car should be in a "valid" state to see the MMB after it boots up.

thank you I'll give it a try 👍

That seems to be a common problem - the car not recognising anything on the USB port until the car has fully booted. Do you have an option with the MMB settings for a delayed start-up after power on? (e.g. set a 30 secs delay after it sees power before it starts to boot up). That way the car should be in a "valid" state to see the MMB after it boots up.
thank you I'll give it a try 👍

On restarting the car the blue light is on the box but neither android auto or apple car play is lit up so can't be pressed. Initially I'm just trying to access the MMB menu screen which has icons for android auto but also Netflix, YouTube etc
Try different cables mate, it really makes a difference, even if they seem to 'work' they are not all stable. Sounds crazy but even the supplied cable may need to be replaced.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom