daveosmith

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Can't remember if it ever worked but saying hey Google with the phone in causes the info screen to say how can I help you but after that it just ignores me until I press the screen which clears the message. Any ideas on where I might be going wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't remember if it ever worked but saying hey Google with the phone in causes the info screen to day how can I help you but after that it just ignores me until I press the screen which clears the message. Any ideas on where I might be going wrong?
Presumably this is when you connect to Android Auto? Why not use voice button on the steering wheel, see how that works, might be ok. Once connected, just press the button (can't remember if you have to hold it pressed down for bit longer) and say what you want...

Upvote 0
Presumably this is when you connect to Android Auto? Why not use voice button on the steering wheel, see how that works, might be ok. Once connected, just press the button (can't remember if you have to hold it pressed down for bit longer) and say what you want...
Voice button only works on the Connect variant. I just press the microphone button on the AA screen, works fine then.

Upvote 0
Voice button only works on the Connect variant. I just press the microphone button on the AA screen, works fine then.
As far as I know mine is not Connect version (got it second hand few weeks ago and still trying to figure it out) and the voice button works on Android Auto, tried it a few days ago. I think the instructions manual also mentioned it will work on Android Auto on all versions

Upvote 0
As far as I know mine is not Connect version (got it second hand few weeks ago and still trying to figure it out) and the voice button works on Android Auto, tried it a few days ago. I think the instructions manual also mentioned it will work on Android Auto on all versions
I've not got mine to work yet, will have to try harder, although who knows with this abominably rubbish software that SAIC call infotainment. Not much info and not at all entertaining.

Upvote 0
I find that if I press the button for 2 seconds, Android Auto beeps, asking for a question. I say "Send SMS to wife". It acknowledges, and then asks what I want to say. After that it ignores me. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
I find that if I press the button for 2 seconds, Android Auto beeps, asking for a question. I say "Send SMS to wife". It acknowledges, and then asks what I want to say. After that it ignores me. Any ideas?
Is your wife's number saved as "wife" or something else?
What if you try sending WhatsApp messages, same happens?

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom