Hi From A New Owner

Pict

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi All

My wife will be collecting her ZS EV Exclusive in Pimlico Blue tomorrow morning (Wed 23rd).

She will be trading in her 8 year old Skoda Yeti (4x4) which she still loves but being a diesel and not doing so many miles these days is time to change.

Still not had a home charger fitted yet as struggling to find the right deal. Would prefer a Zappi as we have solar panels but when using the approved installer list on the Zappi website they all state they are not interested unless they are installing the panels at the same time. Have got quotes for Rolec and EO Mini Pro 2 and awaiting a couple of other replies. She will have to cope with the granny charger and freebies for now.

The dealer assured me that all software updates will be applied prior to collection but is the anyway I can tell? Is there an info screen which gives software versions etc?

We think we got a great deal on the purchase (government grant, MG contribution, trade in) but no joy with getting freebies from the dealer (yet).

I have been reading the forum for a while now so getting to grips with the ownership of our first electric vehicle but I am sure it will not be long before I am asking for clarification and advice.

She is nervous now as she has never had an automatic, never had to worry about charging and never had a brand new car. Think I might have encouraged her a bit but we are excited.

Regards
Rick

Would prefer a Zappi as we have solar panels but when using the approved installer list on the Zappi website they all state they are not interested unless they are installing the panels at the same time.
You should probably feed this back to MyEnergi as they will have a concern that their dealers are letting them down.

Last edited:
I would like to think this particular firm were trying to put me off

Although we are OLEV accredited to install chargers including Zappi, we tend only to install them alongside PV systems.

On a standalone basis, we would charge £1400 ish for a simple Zappi install, plus £600 for surveys, DNO authorisation work if needed, project management, and so on, less of course the grant of £350. Our figures are plus VAT. Groundworks for cable run are the client’s responsibility.

:oops:

If your wife is unfamiliar with automatics.......tell her to forget she has left leg.....bring it back out of the way and just use her right one for everything.

If your wife is unfamiliar with automatics.......tell her to forget she has left leg.....bring it back out of the way and just use her right one for everything.
I have an automatic but it took her 2 years before she would get in the driver's seat!

"I'm going to miss my stick" is her constant refrain but she adapted eventually when I kept holding her left leg down on the floor :)

When you get it as you have properly read the information screen should show the outside temperature top right and the GOM bottom left on the central display. That should confirm CF2 installed which should have been done from the factory. Leave the car unlocked and a door open plug in the dealers charging cable should start to charge. BMS done. Have to take the dealers wird the HV fuse has been.

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow. Your wife will soon get used to it and I’m sure she will fall in love with it as the majority of us have done. Just make sure there’s none of the “it’s MY car“ nonsense or you’ll never get to experience all the joys that you’ve been reading about on this forum. ;)

Hi All

My wife will be collecting her ZS EV Exclusive in Pimlico Blue tomorrow morning (Wed 23rd).

She will be trading in her 8 year old Skoda Yeti (4x4) which she still loves but being a diesel and not doing so many miles these days is time to change.

Still not had a home charger fitted yet as struggling to find the right deal. Would prefer a Zappi as we have solar panels but when using the approved installer list on the Zappi website they all state they are not interested unless they are installing the panels at the same time. Have got quotes for Rolec and EO Mini Pro 2 and awaiting a couple of other replies. She will have to cope with the granny charger and freebies for now.

The dealer assured me that all software updates will be applied prior to collection but is the anyway I can tell? Is there an info screen which gives software versions etc?

We think we got a great deal on the purchase (government grant, MG contribution, trade in) but no joy with getting freebies from the dealer (yet).

I have been reading the forum for a while now so getting to grips with the ownership of our first electric vehicle but I am sure it will not be long before I am asking for clarification and advice.

She is nervous now as she has never had an automatic, never had to worry about charging and never had a brand new car. Think I might have encouraged her a bit but we are excited.

Regards
Rick
Hi Pict, Not a bad choice, I'm sure you will enjoy the experience once you get used to it.
Regarding the freebies you mention, what were they as my friends and I have found MG dealers the tightest of all. My dealer is tighter than a ducks ...........!

Hi Pict, Not a bad choice, I'm sure you will enjoy the experience once you get used to it.
Regarding the freebies you mention, what were they as my friends and I have found MG dealers the tightest of all. My dealer is tighter than a ducks ...........!
No freebies forthcoming
I dropped hints about charging cables, locking wheel nuts and even car mats but no joy so far.
I will try again tomorrow when we pick it up and see what I can manage.

Hi All

Regards
Rick
Hi pick go to my energy web site they have a list of local firms who can do the zappi had mine done 3/4 weeks ago by a firm local to me but recommended on the my energy web site waited about 2weeks cost to me £885 they sorted the Olev grant out so total cost was around £1225 I think I to have solar array so can’t wait for the spring

Last edited:
Good luck with the new purchase. I am also looking forward to get the delivery of my first new and electric car, Black MG ZS EV Exclusive. I have already picked up lot of information from the forum and found it be very help. Happy to join the club.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom