Hi just bought a 2020 MG Exclusive automatic today. The passenger door would not open when the car stopped even though the child lock was off.

Would not open or would not unlock. ?

Using the door internal door handle/opener first pull unlocks the door, second opens.

Alternately lock/unlock all doors by using buttons at the top front of the drivers doors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, all doors stay locked until the drivers door is opened. However you can unlock all the doors by pressing the open switch situated on the drivers door just in front of the drivers door release lever.
Fiendish these Chinese.!!

Upvote 0
Hi, all doors stay locked until the drivers door is opened. However you can unlock all the doors by pressing the open switch situated on the drivers door just in front of the drivers door release lever.
Fiendish these Chinese.!!
Front passenger door can be unlocked by the passenger 'opening the door'. As above first pull unlocks, second opens

Upvote 0
We had a rear passenger door that could not be opened. The car had to go back to the dealer to have a new lock put in. Quite a job as they had to remove all the door lining to open the door!

Upvote 0
Quick double pull of door handle from inside shall open the door. Slow double pull may not work.
I hope this can help people like me struggling open front passenger side door from inside.

Upvote 0
We had a rear passenger door that could not be opened. The car had to go back to the dealer to have a new lock put in. Quite a job as they had to remove all the door lining to open the door!
Ditto, rear passenger side door on mine.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom