HI MG Peeps Quick Hello And Intruduction

Wainw74

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi MG enthusiasts.
Am Simon And I Am Currently In a Hyundai Kona Electric But Awaiting Delivery Of My New To Be Car The MG HS 1.5T-GDI Exclusive.
Looking Forward To Getting In The Vehicle.
I Purchased The MG As I Have Had 13 Major Spinal Surgerys And Having 30 Pedical Screws And Two 20 Inch Rods From C1-L1 And My Pelvic Bones Fused With Screws And Rods So The MG Seating Suited My Driving Position And Also Heated And Electric Seating.
My MG HS
1.5T-GDI ExclusiveMG HS

1.5T-GDI Exclusive Will Be White With Red Seating.
So Hello To You All And Any Tips Advice Or Anything That Is Possible You Can Tell Myself About Either The Ups And Downs Of The MG Would Be Great So Please PM OR Comment On My Welcome Post.

Regards Simon

Not sure but you have ordered the petrol car by the sounds of it, on here is the HS PHEV which is the hybrid car. If it is the full petrol car then there will be not much we could say. If it’s the petrol / electric then there is a lot of reading on here but do not let that put you off the car only the things that go wrong get put on here.

Many thanks for your reply I seen that it was for EV owners I do apologise
Are getting the petrol type I would like to know about this as I was going to get on of these but end up the petrol electric one which is a great car.

Hi MG enthusiasts.
Am Simon And I Am Currently In a Hyundai Kona Electric But Awaiting Delivery Of My New To Be Car The MG HS 1.5T-GDI Exclusive.
Looking Forward To Getting In The Vehicle.
I Purchased The MG As I Have Had 13 Major Spinal Surgerys And Having 30 Pedical Screws And Two 20 Inch Rods From C1-L1 And My Pelvic Bones Fused With Screws And Rods So The MG Seating Suited My Driving Position And Also Heated And Electric Seating.
My MG HS
1.5T-GDI ExclusiveMG HS

1.5T-GDI Exclusive Will Be White With Red Seating.
So Hello To You All And Any Tips Advice Or Anything That Is Possible You Can Tell Myself About Either The Ups And Downs Of The MG Would Be Great So Please PM OR Comment On My Welcome Post.

Regards Simon
As to the seating if full electric adjust it will be good for you and the heating is very good as well should good with all you metal work in your back but do not ware thin cloths as the metal work will have not much muscle cover and could heat up quicker.

Wow Simon, you have really gone through a lot of work on your back and it can not be easy my friend !.
Comfort is of paramount concern here and is more important than anything else really.
If the car feels right comfort wise, then little else is of any major importance TBH.
My brother had a massive spine operation when he was in his early twenty’s and I know how hard that can be.
I hope you enjoy your choice of car and wish you and your family all of the best going forward.
Take good care !.

Many thanks for your kind comments yes Seating and driving position is a very much needed, I have as thee spinal surgery is so extensive I don't belive I would probably find a top of the range of any vehicle as would be comfortable but I have to go with what I feel is right TBH.

So with the red leather interior and the full electric and heated seating I will have I hope it will be more comfortable than the previous but having said that in mind I have had fully electrical and heated on all my vehicles but its all down to all the surgerys I have had so I can and hope for the best...
But there's plenty of worse people out there than me with disabilities

Thanks again

My spinal metelwork

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1673898529459.jpg
    FB_IMG_1673898529459.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 69
Wow ....... That is HUGE my friend !.
I am going to make a bet that that work was done at the Gobowen, hospital Oswestry ?.
They are a world recognised orthopaedic centre.
My brother had his spine treatment there more than 40 years ago and is still under there care.
He has recently had his knee and hip replaced and is awaiting his other hip replaced.

Hi mate no it's been done over the course of 12 years at the Royal orthopedic hospital Birmingham and University hospital Stoke and then Salford Royal and Nottingham they have all been different surgery's that I have had...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1673898524300.jpg
    FB_IMG_1673898524300.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 67
Photos

Attachments

• 2021-02-25-28.jpg
    2021-02-25-28.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 2021-02-25.jpg
    2021-02-25.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 2021-02-25.jpg
    2021-02-25.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 2021-02-25.jpg
    2021-02-25.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 62
  • FB_IMG_1653248281422_optimized.jpg
    FB_IMG_1653248281422_optimized.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 2021-02-25.jpg
    2021-02-25.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 2021-02-25.jpg
    2021-02-25.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 61
I had scoliosis and Kyphosis since I was 17 but at that time it was to dangerous to do any operations so I had to wait and had the first one and the surgeon who is in the news at preset Mr Brad Williamson got sacked and also unfortunately let someone die on the operating table while he rushed of to get a flight it only came to light last year to call some patients in for a recall and out of all the patients he operated on 120 got or are getting called back and I am one of them,
As after around a year I was getting lots of pain in my neck and I went to get a 2nd opinion and two spinal surgeons at the Royal orthopedic hospital said that 4 pedical screws were impinging on my spinal canal so I had to have it all redone again so if Brad would of done his job properly then I would not of had to endure and still endure all the spinal surgerys I have had so it takes its toll on my spine the amount of times they cut though the tendons and muscles so this is why a vehicle is so important for the seating aspect of the car....
Thanks for your comments and apologies for posting in a eV community

Simon

Simon, what a hell of a journey you have gone through with your condition and the battle is still ongoing.
Your comfort is hugely important to your condition, you have to get it right.
Good luck my friend with your choice.

Your situation could perhaps justify the commissioning of a customised seat if that were affordable?

Hi my Freind am not I'm sure to be honest or were to start with your recommendation but it's a very good idea and point of view for myself and others to look into....

Hi peeps

Just to let you all know if you don't already that MG have the computer systems up and running now so if your waiting to collet your car then give your dealer a ring

Simon

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom