hi new member zs trophy connect lr on order

andysimpson2

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
hi all,

me and my better half have ordered a zs trophy connect lr from stoneacre.

we enjoyed the test drive so ordered later that week. i have been watching some stuff on youtube trying to get a handle on range (particularly in winter).
i am also trying to look into charging points at home and also public charging for longer journeys.

thanks guys
andy

What date did they give you for delivery?
Have you got a smart meter?
Zap-map is a great place to start plus PodPoint to 'confirm' the free supermarket EVSE'S

What date did they give you for delivery?
Have you got a smart meter?
Zap-map is a great place to start plus PodPoint to 'confirm' the free supermarket EVSE'S
so its approximated as jan 23, no smart meter.

ive got zap map bonnett pod point lol i am just trying to research stuff in the waiting time.

do people get anywhere near the 200 mile range? do you guys charge daily or every few days?

I do a 70 mile daily commute and charge nightly on my 4 hour slot, works out great for me.
I get the odd free charge at the supermarket and multistorey car park.
I have done a few rapid charges, half of which were just to try the apps or RFID cards out.

Last edited:
I do a 70 mile daily commute and charhe nightly on my 4 hour slot, works out great for me.
I get the odd free charge at the supermarket and multistorey car park.
I have done a few rapud charger half of which were just to try the apps or RFID cards out.
thanks for all the info - how do you get the rfid cards?
did you get the charging lead with the car or have to buy it?
(im going to try and persuade them to give us a lead :) )

thanks for all the info - how do you get the rfid cards?
did you get the charging lead with the car or have to buy it?
(im going to try and persuade them to give us a lead :) )
Hi Andy, & welcome.

Depending on the network, you can get an RFID card for free if you ask for one, I think some of them charge (pun intended) a nominal fee.

You can spend many a happy hour registering yourself for the different networks & playing about with ZapMap planning routes, I’m on 11 apps already and my car hasn’t been delivered yet!

I have a page on my phone of apps but you start to use the same favourite ones, PodPoint, electric juice and Instavolt, but always search using Zap-map.

do people get anywhere near the 200 mile range?
I think I am correct here, when you said you have ordered the Long Range version Andy ??.
Regarding range, I can offer you an example of a trip we made only yesterday.
Paid a day visit to family on holiday in Harlech ( Wales ) and we live on the England / Wales border.
Currently, we are lucky to have the face lift Trophy LR after owning the original ZS EV for over two years prior.
We have done this same trip about 5 times before in the original ZS EV.
Yesterday, was our first trip the face lift model.
The weather was NOT great, with wind and rain and we needed the heater set at 25 degrees to keep the car nice and warm ( we are OAP's and feel the cold ).
The trip involves a lot of uphill climbing over the Welsh mountains.
Not ideal for EV range, but a good test of the car !.
I charged to 90% and reset both of the trips before starting out.
Made a note of the start mileage etc etc.
The GOM reported a predicted range of 242 miles.
We arrived to meet family and then set off to the Italian stye village in Portmeirion.
Then back into Harlech then back out again, for dinner heading towards Barmouth.
Returned back to Harlech, to say our goodbye's and then left for home.
It was 9.00pm when we started back, heater on / lights / wipers etc etc.
Arrived home safely after a great day.
This morning I checked the figures ( this is the bit that may help answer your question ).
We actually travelled 176 miles in total distance.
The GOM had a remaining range of 64 miles.
So, therefore there was only a two mile discrepancy between the predicted range AND the actual range covered.
The car returned 4.1 M/Kwh's over the trip.
Given the weather conditions and the steep climbing over the Welsh hill's, I am pretty pleased with that first long (ish) trip out.
REMEMBER - We only charged to 90% and not 100% !.
No way would we have made it in the original ZS EV unless we grabbed a small top up on route.
As we know, the charging facilities in Wales are pretty dam poor, to say the least.
So, @andysimpson2 will the LR achieve 200 miles in the real world ?.
I would say only this - Hell yeah !.
Not total winter conditions of course.
Total energy costs for the day ????
Charging just the once from our home, using the cheaper rate "Off Peak" rate of 5.0p/kwh's - I think the total cost of the trip was about ................... £3.00 ish ?.
A taxi to the top of our road, will cost me more than that !.

Difficult to calculate mileage in winter as nobody has driven the mk2 lr in winter yet. More and more chargers are contactless.
I bought my mk1 zs ev from stone acre if you haggle you'll get a type 2 cable and mats I did. Lastly I thought dealers weren't taking any more orders until further notice.

Thanks for all the replies. I intend to haggle for mats and a lead. We haven’t heard from the dealer since we ordered so maybe they are hoping the order will go through lol

Thanks for all the replies. I intend to haggle for mats and a lead. We haven’t heard from the dealer since we ordered so maybe they are hoping the order will go through lol
Unless they get a cancellation I would imagine they will just hold order till books are open again

I meant to ask anyone with a zs live in Nottingham and do a run to Skegness or surrounding areas? If so can you charge anywhere en route or whilst there?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom