Hill starts.

Kompins

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Had our MG5 a month now and loving it, however coming from a lifetime of manual transmissions I find the handbook as clear as mud on hill starts and have tried various techniques depending on how long I'm stationary. Does anyone use the Auto Hold function? I tried it once but seemed a bit clunky as it released unlike the smooth release from pressing 'P'. What is the purpose of the EPB button as reading the manual it seems a little redundant?

Depends how steep the hill is. I use the hold button if I'm on a particularly steep slope and I'm worried that the car might roll before I can move my foot from the brake to the accelerator.

I have only just started to use the green hand brake symbol. Works ok just feels a bit different

I use it all the time, its great at junctions/lights.
It's a but jerky compared to flicking the EPB manually but i don't want to wear the button out 😅 .

Or i'm just getting lazier as i get older.

Depends how steep the hill is. I use the hold button if I'm on a particularly steep slope and I'm worried that the car might roll before I can move my foot from the brake to the accelerator.
As I understand it the 'hill hold control' should cover that situation as you move your foot to the throttle, not tried it on a steep hill yet :)

My Drive is flat then goes up a steep angle, it holds just fine on it and any hill/junctions i've encountered so far.

Now this might have been me accidentally touching something but..
12 occasions when i have been stuck at temporary light for 4-5 mins the EPB has engaged, it left me floundering as i revved and didn't move.

Anyone know if there is a time limit to the hill hold?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom