Home Charge Point - Project Ev

I've had a Project-EV charger for 6 months and it all seems to be working ok on the Octopus Go 12.30h - 4.30h 5p tariff. However, I have had little success on running it successfully on the Solar or Solar+ option during daytime. It seems to start of ok drawing a few kWp from the pvs but soon draws the full 7kWp from the grid which defeats the object of using solar pv for charging the car.

I've had a Project-EV charger for 6 months and it all seems to be working ok on the Octopus Go 12.30h - 4.30h 5p tariff. However, I have had little success on running it successfully on the Solar or Solar+ option during daytime. It seems to start of ok drawing a few kWp from the pvs but soon draws the full 7kWp from the grid which defeats the object of using solar pv for charging the car.
Normally they need a min amount of power from the PV, if it falls below that it may decide to use grid power as it thinks you want the car charged regardless so will use any power source, check your chargers instruction book.

I tried charging on a sunny day at midday when the panels were outputting 3kWp but it still took power from the grid.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom