Home smart charger

I would ask yourself if you really need a charger. For me I think it was a waste of money as we never use it. I was convinced I would need one but it is turned off these days and I don't envisage a time when we will need to turn it back on.

We have a PodPoint solo but use the granny charger because it's fast enough to get us the range we need, plus we have solar panels and the PodPoint draws more power than the inverter can handle.

There is a scheduled charge function on the Podpoint if you are looking for that functionality and I find the app is pretty good but for us the charger is a very expensive and ugly wall ornament!

Update. It's the end of the road for the Indra charger
Having a Zappi fitted next Friday had to pay £250 . The other free unit didn't have solar option.

If your box does not allow timed charging, can you not keep on and use the car timer?
I wouldnt be without my box (EO Mini Pro), I had a Zappi at my previous house but found it unnecessary fussy for my needs.
With regards solar. Winter (and cloudy summer) months are a problem, in fact if you have Octopus Go, it may well work out much cheaper and easier to charge between 12.30 & 4.30 am on the 7.5p / kwh rate (along with the tumble drier, washing machine, dishwasher, immersion heater etc).

If your box does not allow timed charging, can you not keep on and use the car timer?
I wouldnt be without my box (EO Mini Pro), I had a Zappi at my previous house but found it unnecessary fussy for my needs.
With regards solar. Winter (and cloudy summer) months are a problem, in fact if you have Octopus Go, it may well work out much cheaper and easier to charge between 12.30 & 4.30 am on the 7.5p / kwh rate (along with the tumble drier, washing machine, dishwasher, immersion heater etc).
Yes we are on That tariff, the Indra charger will start when you set the time but will not stop when set a time if the car isn't fully charged

Update.
I've now got a Zappi it cost £250 from the same company that fitted the Indra was supposed to be,£325 but I had paid £75 for a tethered Indra, so got £75 off.
We have had it about 7 weeks now and it's doing what the Indra couldn't , ie charge only when required.
Don't think that the app is very good and the instruction manual is not easy to understand.
There's no reference to the app in the manual at all.
But it's working, so we got there in the end.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom