Horn beeps

Mgkev

Established Member
Reaction score
Here’s a new one to watch out for. If the car’s horn beeps once when locking the car it means that a door isn’t shut properly as detailed in the owners manual. If it beeps and all doors are shut it is likely that the charging port flap has not made contact correctly. Just give it a firm push even though it appears to not move. This has happened twice now, first time we noticed the LED on the drivers’ door lock buttons was flashing when driving along and the horn beeped when parked up and we locked the car

A belated thanks, this happened to me this morning and I was trying to figure out what was the culprit of the post power off, horn toots. In my case in was the boot.

Last edited:
I saw a ZS EV driving happily along with the battery charging cover right up and open. How he didn't see it I've no idea.

Blimey, I never thought anyone would respond to this thread after such a long time. To add to my original message, I’ve noticed that the rear hatch can also look shut but isn’t.

Blimey, I never thought anyone would respond to this thread after such a long time. To add to my original message, I’ve noticed that the rear hatch can also look shut but isn’t.
Isn’t there a dash symbol warning for open tailgate?

I can add that the the horn also sounds once if you try to lock the car and the bonnet isn't shut.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom