hottest day of the year, car shows -40c and the clock is --/--

BarryJ

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
The car is a December 2010 with updated software in Feb 2021. in now has 2600 miles and the battery is balanced. Today, on the hottest day of the year, the info system is displaying -40C and the clock is --/--. Any ideas how to get the correct temperature and the clock back?

Hi Barry. I guess you mean that your car is a 2020 year. The time can be set to update automatically via dab in the car settings - worth a try. Not sure why the external temp sensor would play up. I would consider resetting by removing the 12v battery negative terminal and reconnecting if it continues after trying soft resetting the infotainment system. Good luck!

Hi Barry. I guess you mean that your car is a 2020 year. The time can be set to update automatically via dab in the car settings - worth a try. Not sure why the external temp sensor would play up. I would consider resetting by removing the 12v battery negative terminal and reconnecting if it continues after trying soft resetting the infotainment system. Good luck!
Hi, yes it is a 2020. I have just turned it on again after 2 hours, the display showed the MG badge then the usual display returned and the temperature is now reading 23c and the clock is back. Very odd but working again. Thanks

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom