How Can I Use My Huawei p30 pro New Edition With My MG ZS EV Navigation system?

David

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I purchased my MG ZS EV in February this year, but I could not use my Huawei P30 pro New Edition with the navigation. Can anyone please let me know how I can work around this. Thank you

Need to give more information what are you pluging in and where. What happens on the head unit when pluging in.

Best to use original cable as not all work with data.
Plug it in the port closest to the driver.
Your will need Google services, playstore and maps installed some Huawei devices don't have them.

Last edited:
Need to give more information what are you pluging in and where. What happens on the head unit when pluging in.

Best to use original cable as not all work with data.
Plug it in the port closest to the driver.
Your will need Google services, playstore and maps installed some Huawei devices don't have them.
if you havent got google playstore on your phone as standard you can install it,just look on the web how to do it, same issue with amazon tablets but installed 4units with google play ok..

Thanks for your responses. I followed all the instructions I need to, but not luck. It keeps telling me to 'please connect an Android phone to the car with a USB cable using Android Auto'. I downloaded Android Auto, still it did not work. Meanwhile, my wife's iphone worked with the navigation. I will appreciate if anyone whose p30 pro New Edition works with the navigation can let me know how they did it. Thank you

Thanks for your responses. I followed all the instructions I need to, but not luck. It keeps telling me to 'please connect an Android phone to the car with a USB cable using Android Auto'. I downloaded Android Auto, still it did not work. Meanwhile, my wife's iphone worked with the navigation. I will appreciate if anyone whose p30 pro New Edition works with the navigation can let me know how they did it. Thank you
I have an Honor 8X and had the same problem, I had a battery extender case fitted on it, the battery case did not allow data transfer which I did not realise after I took the case off it connected no problem, I believe some cables give the same problem so I would check with a cable that is guaranteed for data and charge, mine had android auto installed on the phone, make sure your phone has android auto installed, good luck with it.

I don't have your phone but I know with my samsung s8 it sometimes only displays to screen after I plug and unplug the usb lead. On a good day it connects 2nd time and normally after 3 or 4 attempts.

I have a P30 Pro and have EXACTLY the same problem and error message. Try as I might I can't get Android Auto to work with the P30 Pro I've tried the original cable and cables recommended on different forums with no success. I've given up now and will wait until I'm due another phoen in March 2022, when I'll get a different make.

Hello,
I have the Huawei p30 pro from 2 years ago and works fine, not at first but there's a few things to try.. Make sure its a new data style USB cable, try using the different usb port, uninstall android auto and then download again.. after i tried a different cable and a different usb port, un installed and reinstalled android auto it finally worked! i did notice that after plugging in the phone it did take awhile for the icon to light up on the screen, wait until it lights up before launching by clicking the icon on the infotainment screen. Now it just fires up when i plug in my phone. fingers crossed hopefully some of these suggestions will make it work. The voice commands with android auto are great with google maps, etc. " Navigate me to the nearest McDonalds" :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom