How come India has i-Smart EV 2.0 and UK has i-Dumb-EV?

I like the idea of the 360 in all directions range estimate taking into account traffic conditions 👍

I wrote a sms message to mister

Mike Belinfante​

Senior Manager Public Relations

1620757194820.jpeg

his cellphone number is on the website.
He is Dutch like me. So I decided to ask him about the app. This is what he answere:

Hi Mike, at the end of May I can receive the “keys” to my new MG ZS EV. As you can understand I have gone through every forum and youtube review about the car. Julie managed to develop a special fan base. They are working on OBD2 plugs to add functionalities as available in Asia. The biggest question that comes up everywhere is: when will the APP come to Europe. Can you give a clear answer to that
greatings Marc

Hi Marc. Good to hear that you have chosen MG. An app won't be available until later this year. Exact date is not yet known. Thinking about the end of the year.
greatings Mike

Thanks for asking the question @Marc Nagtegaal but I wonder if that's just the stock answer from MG ?
Apparently our head units are different to Asia and have no embedded sim function for connectivity, so If Europe does eventually get an app I doubt it will have anywhere near as much functionality as the Asian version.

Maybe it will only be for new cars at that time? There maybe be a mk.2 of the ZS EV at that time anyway.
But I cross my fingers he is talking about an update to all ZS EV 🤞

Beside the hardware limitations mentioned above (embedded sim) are there any other hardware limitations that would prevent a simple software update and functionality?

Australia doesn't have the smart functionality on it's head units yet....would love to know if anyone has any updates for our market? I won't hold my breathe on hearing anything good ;)

Reply out of a can.
we care more about the Asian market then the west European customer base. App will be available but doesn’t say whether prev owners will be able to get access to it or future models only.
this just gets my goat.
Yes, the vague answers are annoying. Just like the difference in body warranties between UK, 7 years and Australia, 5 years.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom