How do I get a leased car unbound?

Nelviticus

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Some time in December when the iSmart app was having problems MG deleted my account; when I tried to log in or recover my password I got a message along the lines of "no account registered to this email address". So I registered again with the same email address but it looks like MG treat this as a different account. The car will not bind to my new account, presumably because it's still bound to the old no-longer-existing one.

If I'd bought the car from a dealer I'd just take it back to them and get them to un-bind the car, but I lease it via work and it was delivered to me from a dealership hundreds of miles away (Bridgend in Wales; I'm in the East of England).

How on earth can I get this resolved? The leasing company have no idea (and why would they, they're not responsible for MG's problems) and a local dealer isn't likely to help me since they don't know me, didn't sell the car and I don't own it.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Hi, have you used the search bar on the forum as I have seen other posts about this.

Hi, have you used the search bar on the forum as I have seen other posts about this.
Well I've tried 'leased unbind' and 'lease unbind' but neither of those return any results. There are quite a few posts about unbinding a car that you own, but I can't find any about unbinding a car that you don't.

Well I've tried 'leased unbind' and 'lease unbind' but neither of those return any results. There are quite a few posts about unbinding a car that you own, but I can't find any about unbinding a car that you don't.
Exactly the same problem - took it into the dealership just after Christmas to ask and was told that they were referring the problem to "head office" who should be able to resolve it remotely - still no news.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom