How do I know my ZS is a long range ?

imran

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I’ve picked my ZS trophy long range today, the V5 shows it’s trophy connect no mention of long range. How can I make sure it is long range, when I’ve picked up the car it was 97% and showed 270 miles range. My dealer says this is the only indication that the car I’ve got is long range. Can someone help?

I’ve picked my ZS trophy long range today, the V5 shows it’s trophy connect no mention of long range. How can I make sure it is long range, when I’ve picked up the car it was 97% and showed 270 miles range. My dealer says this is the only indication that the car I’ve got is long range. Can someone help?
It’s a long range model for sure !.
In the charging screen, can you set the SOC level ?.
If you can set the charging level to 80% for example and it obeys that command, it a long range model with the NMC battery.
The standard range model is unable to set a charge limit less than 100% because it uses the LFP battery technology.

Thanks. Yes it has the feature to set the charge even though I’ve not tried this yet.

I was concerned as the V5 doesn’t say long range instead it says connect and the dealer says MG doesn’t do any connect version anymore.

Also the new models doesn’t have panoramic sunroof it is a shame as my son really wanted the sunroof.

Its long range

We never had a sunroof and this was in our wish list but we liked everything else about the MG ZS so decided to forget about the sunroof for now!

Dont forget you can change your signature away from “Not an MG” now :)

Thanks changed the signature :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple answer: if the onboard charging allows you to set at 80%, then its a long range NMC battery. If charging can only be set to 100% then its a short range LFP battery.

Isn't there a plate showing the battery size on the frame when you open the driver's door?

We never had a sunroof and this was in our wish list but we liked everything else about the MG ZS so decided to forget about the sunroof for now!

Thanks changed the signature :)
Whilst sitting in the car with it turned on. Trye saying out loud.
Hello MG wait for a response. Then say open sun roof.
There should also be some switches to operate the sunroof and sun visor on the upper console,

Imran has one of the latter models that does NOT have the sky roof fitted from the factory.
MG removed the sky roof from the higher spec models of the ZS EV Gen 2.
Only the first deliveries of the Gen 2 Trophy connect models had the voice control function.
The connect option was an additional £500 over the Trophy, which had no voice control.

Isn't there a plate showing the battery size on the frame when you open the driver's door?
Need to check this!

I have contacted the dealer and they said they have no control over what dvla write in the v5.

Any idea how to raise a complaint to sort this so i don’t have the wrong model in my V5 ?

TBH - I would not be overly concerned myself Imran.
From the info you have already provided, it is the long range version with the NMC battery.
The range and the fact you can set your desired charging level in the App and the head unit is a simple way of proving this.
The standard range model with the LFP battery has shorter range and you can NOT pull back the charging level to 80% for example.
The V5 is not as detailed as you may think on EV's.
DVLA will surely be advised of the sale / details of the car from the MG dealership.
The VIN number should provide them with some details of the car surely ?.

TBH - I would not be overly concerned myself Imran.
From the info you have already provided, it is the long range version with the NMC battery.
The range and the fact you can set your desired charging level in the App and the head unit is a simple way of proving this.
The standard range model with the LFP battery has shorter range and you can NOT pull back the charging level to 80% for example.
The V5 is not as detailed as you may think on EV's.
DVLA will surely be advised of the sale / details of the car from the MG dealership.
The VIN number should provide them with some details of the car surely ?.
Thanks for your reply.

Yes I’m convinced this is LR. Just wondering when it comes to sell the car (planning to keep it though) if anyone raise this issue.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom