How far did you travel to pick up your X Power?

salty

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
How far did/would you travel to pick up your,
X Power? Would you travel say over 200 miles for a really good deal. I'm looking for an X Power but don't fancy travelling a big distance. So it narrows the choices down quite a bit. Don't really want to be travelling a big distance in my 1st EV, and have to mess about charging on the way home, when I'm not use to it. Would prefer a local'ish dealer. I know I could get it delivered, but then you've got the hassle if when you inspect it, you find faults. S'pose I'll just have to wait until the exact car I want, pop's up locally. Just wondered how you got yours. 🙂👍

The exact car you say?

Good luck with that m8 🤣

I know where your coming from Pal, but you are sooo lucky to seemingly have a huge choice if Autotrader are anything to go by.

Why don't you ask Lancashire MG to source you a car?

Then you will have a relationship and dealer nearby.

I've had dealers find me cars in the past which can save a bit of time.

Might end up paying a bit more though!

Trust me m8, 200 miles in the warmer weather we are having now in a fully charged X Power will be a doddle.

I'm 300 miles into a 650 mile trip and will give some figures over the weekend.

Edit: @DougC is 142 miles from the car he's collecting next week.

Oh and sorry m8, I forgot to answer your main question.....19 miles.👍

Last edited:
I've brought a few cars that were miles away from where I live (Berkshire) , brought a Golf GTI from VW in Derby, A Peugeot 5008 from Leicester and a BMW X5 from just outside Crewe and a VW Tiguan from Birmingham, if you are buying from a dealership and it's under warranty then where it comes from doesn't really matter because you can just get it serviced etc at your local dealership. I did this because certainly in these scenarios the cars were cheaper. Buying privately completely different of course, esp if not under warranty.

X Power? Would you travel say over 200 miles for a really good deal. I'm looking for an X Power but don't fancy travelling a big distance. So it narrows the choices down quite a bit. Don't really want to be travelling a big distance in my 1st EV, and have to mess about charging on the way home, when I'm not use to it. Would prefer a local'ish dealer. I know I could get it delivered, but then you've got the hassle if when you inspect it, you find faults. S'pose I'll just have to wait until the exact car I want, pop's up locally. Just wondered how you got yours. 🙂👍
Perrys MG in Preston scourced my chosen colour from another UK dealer & had it delivered to Preston in 6 days. Beating the 12 week factory order estimate. It meant a 30 minute drive Blackpool to Preston. Car was Brandnew unregistered. Try your local MG dealer 👍

I didn't have to travel at all as it was a lease car, but the car had to travel 1600 miles (on a low loader) as it had 2 x 800 mile round trips Edinburgh to London to fix an issue.

We did travel from Edinburgh to Cardiff to collect a Mini Cooper for my wife

I would normally travel anywhere to get the exact right spec / colour / model / price etc. The drive back home is great for getting to know the car a bit. I get your point on charging so would initially look within 180 mile range but with a bit of pre planning I'd travel further to get the one I really wanted. If I bought again I'd look at a low mileage secondhander given the depreciation 😒

Yes one 18 miles……

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom