How is the MG5 holding up after 12 months and covering 50,000 miles !.

Lovemyev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
MG5 owners will be interested to hear a 12 month review from James, reporting on how well the car is holding up, after covering 50,000 miles !.
Some ZS EV owners will find it of some interest also I think.

Spoiler alert !.

Quote :- ( James ) "It is bloody fantastic".

Must admit Jeff not to keen on them New tyres they have put on i remember he’s last up date I think 41000 miles done the bridgestones that where fitted from the car being new where still on the car and I can believe it, my 5 has done 18000 thereabouts and the same tyres are like new don’t like them but they do wear Very well indeed
Les.

Wow!!!! What a vote of confidence in the car.

I must say I am mightily pleased with my 5SR Excite. Of course I am not doing these large mileages, only about 7k miles per year, so it will take me nearly 8 years to get to the same state! I am most impressed with the range figures. From the time I bought the car in August 21, I attained 4.2 m/kwh over the winter up till the end of March 22, and 4.8 m/kwh from the beginning of April to the end of September. Currently (on the few hundred miles in October) I am getting 4.8 again, but that will drop over the winter I am sure. I make only a few longer mainland trips each year, and there I get about 4 m/kwh due mainly I think to driving at greater speeds (but also because I am carrying heavier loads eg 4 passengers!!). Incidentally I am getting about 240 to 250 miles out of a full charge (equivalent), which I htink is excellent given that the WLTP figure is 214. I keep all my charging data on a spreadsheet (nerd that I am) and that allows me to analyse the performance. As I say, I could not be better pleased.

I have had many discussions over the last 12 months or so and it seems to me that these are ideal vehicles for the vast majority of us whose driving is mainly local (this is probably true for many other EV's as well). I have seen 3 5'sbeing used as taxis on the Isle of Wight, and it seems to me that they are ideal for this purpose.

Every time I see a James review, my confidence in the car increases.

This review is really good for the confidence in the car. If I will also get a worry free experience as James his fleet is having than I consider this to be a very good car!

Wow!!!! What a vote of confidence in the car.

I must say I am mightily pleased with my 5SR Excite. Of course I am not doing these large mileages, only about 7k miles per year, so it will take me nearly 8 years to get to the same state! I am most impressed with the range figures. From the time I bought the car in August 21, I attained 4.2 m/kwh over the winter up till the end of March 22, and 4.8 m/kwh from the beginning of April to the end of September. Currently (on the few hundred miles in October) I am getting 4.8 again, but that will drop over the winter I am sure. I make only a few longer mainland trips each year, and there I get about 4 m/kwh due mainly I think to driving at greater speeds (but also because I am carrying heavier loads eg 4 passengers!!). Incidentally I am getting about 240 to 250 miles out of a full charge (equivalent), which I htink is excellent given that the WLTP figure is 214. I keep all my charging data on a spreadsheet (nerd that I am) and that allows me to analyse the performance. As I say, I could not be better pleased.

I have had many discussions over the last 12 months or so and it seems to me that these are ideal vehicles for the vast majority of us whose driving is mainly local (this is probably true for many other EV's as well). I have seen 3 5'sbeing used as taxis on the Isle of Wight, and it seems to me that they are ideal for this purpose.

Every time I see a James review, my confidence in the car increases.
I've had just about the same experience as you. Average annual consumption on my Mg5 Excite SR is 4.5 miles per kWh. Absolutely no problems with it at all. First service was uneventful, battery health was 100% and I've done just over 16k miles. Build quality is excellent. If I was being picky I would like heated wing mirrors and a firmer suspension. Overall this really is a superb car and the best I've owned from a financial perspective.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom