• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

How is your dealer ?

Gomev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I' m getting my ZS EV in a week from my local MG dealer, Luscombe in Leeds and I've not seen them mentioned in any posts from anyone else but the reviews I've found online have all been very good.
However..... I would be interested to know if anyone on here has any experience with them and perhaps it might be an opportunity for everyone to nominate their dealers and rate their experiences good and bad, and maybe use this thread as a reference for all.

So to start it rolling Luscombe MG Leeds - fingers crossed at the moment. :)

Pick mine up from chorley mg in Burnley on Monday.
So far so good but I haven't got the car yet so don't know if all updates will be done etc..

I think it's been mentioned before but mine's Eric Steads, Ecclesfield, Sheffield.
Comfort update done before I picked it up in July and free charger fitted within two weeks of ordering the car.

I' m getting my ZS EV in a week from my local MG dealer, Luscombe in Leeds and I've not seen them mentioned in any posts from anyone else but the reviews I've found online have all been very good.
Sam Luscombe is very active on the MG Electric Vehicle Owners Club on Facebook.

I was considering an Outlander PHEV when downsizing from 2 cars to one before I bought the MG and I was extremely impressed with Luscombes information on each car, especially during lockdown. They had techs walk you though the second hand inspection on a car, it was really above and beyond what I’d seen from other dealers. They (like other Mitsubishi dealers) must really be feeling peeved off with Mitsus decision to pull out of EMEA as they can’t get their cars to meet the emission standards. Hopefully MG can help fill the upcoming void for them, as I say certainly on pre sale I was very impressed

Last edited:
Our local Mitsubishi dealership gave up their MG franchise just prior to the ZS EVs’ launch. Now they’re to loose the Mitsy franchise as well. Poor judgment or what?

However..... I would be interested to know if anyone on here has any experience with them and perhaps it might be an opportunity for everyone to nominate their dealers and rate their experiences good and bad, and maybe use this thread as a reference for all.

So to start it rolling Luscombe MG Leeds - fingers crossed at the moment. :)
I’m getting my zs ev from luscombes too, 30th November. I double checked with them today that they’d do all the required updates and was told that all will be checked and done before I get the car. Small world eh, be interested to see how your experience goes. I went for the Red, what colour did you go for?

Sam Luscombe is very active on the MG Electric Vehicle Owners Club on Facebook.

Thanks @Tango130 I'm not on Facebook but that sounds promising.

I’m getting my zs ev from luscombes too, 30th November. I double checked with them today that they’d do all the required updates and was told that all will be checked and done before I get the car. Small world eh, be interested to see how your experience goes. I went for the Red, what colour did you go for?

@Dossdes I'm picking up on the 18th, so will report back.
I would have been happy with either the blue or black but missus preferred the blue, so blue it is :) Gone for the Exclusive as the extra toys and the roof seemed worth the extra.
Dealt with Fazz, seems a nice man.
Managed to do showroom and test drive etc before lockdown but pick up is on a click and collect basis, not allowed inside and them not coming out apparently. Could be interesting.

Thanks @Tango130 I'm not on Facebook but that sounds promising.

@Dossdes I'm picking up on the 18th, so will report back.
I would have been happy with either the blue or black but missus preferred the blue, so blue it is :) Gone for the Exclusive as the extra toys and the roof seemed worth the extra.
Dealt with Fazz, seems a nice man.
Managed to do showroom and test drive etc before lockdown but pick up is on a click and collect basis, not allowed inside and them not coming out apparently. Could be interesting.
yeh I dealt with Fazz too. no pushy salesman tactics which was good. I did the same and got a test drive last Monday (been researching a while) before the lockdown. Also went for Exclusive, I liked all the colours to be honest but not had a red car before so went for that.

Getting it on the 30th as that's the day my company car goes back, otherwise i could have got it by the 17th

I nipped down yesterday to hand over my V750 for registration, seemed very busy down there (which is good).

It was a bit of a rush job to get a test drive before this recent lockdown but Chapelhouse MG Wigan were very good & time will tell as I don't pick up my MG ZS EV until the end of January when my Kia Niro hybrid lease ends. Time seems to really drag when you're eager to get it ☹️

My dealer experience so far.

Buying (Attempt!) Wakefield MG, Absolutely appalling, worse experience ever in my life!

Buying (2nd time lucky!) Cambridge MG, very pleasant, friendly, stress free experience.

Service NT Shaw, Louth MG, so far seem OK, but only limited to comfort update, will let you know more after 1st service and the other 2, fuse/charging unlocked updates I need doing.

My dealer - a large group - isn't worthy of a mention on here. Needless to say, I won't be returning to them in the future.

My dealer experience so far.

Buying (Attempt!) Wakefield MG, Absolutely appalling, worse experience ever in my life!

Buying (2nd time lucky!) Cambridge MG, very pleasant, friendly, stress free experience.

Service NT Shaw, Louth MG, so far seem OK, but only limited to comfort update, will let you know more after 1st service and the other 2, fuse/charging unlocked updates I need doing.
i was going to try Wakefield MG as their cars were a few quid cheaper than Luscombes (being a Yorkshireman and all). But I live in Leeds and will be servicing the car in Leeds so decided not to bother even going to Wakefield. Glad I didn't based on your experience!

My dealer - a large group - isn't worthy of a mention on here. Needless to say, I won't be returning to them in the future.

Please do mention who it is, that way others can avoid a bad experience/service issues.

Please do mention them. That was one of the reasons for starting this thread.

When looking into buying one I think most people are doing a lot of research and examples of others experiences can help.

Had a good experience buying from Paul Rigby MG Longbridge.

Budgen MG telford are desperate. Not one good thing to say about them. No updates done after promising me they were done. I outlined all the updates that were required and only the C2 was done and nothing else.
Left waiting for over one hour on the day of collection for the car to apparently be finished its polish. I walked around and didnt see the car anywhere. After over an hour I saw it be driven in to an adjacent building and a hoover taken to it. It was obvious this car had been used by a staff member as it appeared he had come from home and in to work.
Anyway, I will never deal with them again.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom