• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

How is your dealer ?

mg ev update - Bing
  1. I’VE HEARD THAT THERE IS A NEW 2ND ... - MG Motor UK

https://mg.co.uk/owners/tips/faqs/ive-heard-that-there-is-a-new-2nd...
    MG ZS EV models manufactured after mid-June 2020, will have a newly developed 2 nd generation of Comfort System Operation installed on the car. This is now available for customers who wish to benefit from these later updates on earlier build models.
  2. NOTE: Changing the vehicle’s software may affect the current operating strategy that is personalised by the owner and is irreversible once applied. MG cannot be held responsible for any actions or failures caused by operations of this nature when not covered by warranty.
I think this has been misinterpreted. The C2 update is irreversible and may (will) affect previously personalised operating strategies. Basically you have to reset all your personal preferences again after C2 update - a minor hassle but not anything to put you off having the update done. They are saying that MG can’t be held responsible for actions or failures caused by your preferences being restored to factory settings. It’s belt and braces legal speak - a bit like saying the driver is responsible for control of the vehicle at all times even when driving on MG Pilot and they can’t be held responsible for any accident that may occur!

I’m on my second car supplied by Chorley Group, Burnley. Miles Roberts & Jon Robinson have been great to deal with. Oh, and they are definitely not local at 260 miles from home...

For servicing (next Monday) and warranty & the 2nd Generation Comfort System update, I have used the Service dept at Horsham Car Centre And they have been great. Not so impressed with the sales side, but I ordered my MG before I even knew they were a dealer, not that they were the closest to me, as there was one in Tadworth, which is closer, until they went bust, but again, I didn’t know they existed either until after I had put my deposit down back in July 2019!

@ZZDave
I got mine from Jermyns in Seaford and have had updates done free of charge. They are are small dealership but quite knowledgeable and very customer-friendly. Coincidentally that is where @MG Technician did his training.
That's good to know. I got mine from Jermyns just over a month ago. I have taken a service contract with them so I am pleased to hear you have good things to say about their after sales.

That's good to know. I got mine from Jermyns just over a month ago. I have taken a service contract with them so I am pleased to hear you have good things to say about their after sales.
If you don't mind can you tell me how was the service contract?

Hendy MG have dealers in Crawley Exeter Poole Bournemouth and Salisbury. I have ordered a new MG from one of them so would be interested to know which one has not been up to scratch?
I bought mine from Richmonds in Southampton , as I live in Salisbury and this was the nearest dealer, very helpful and did all the updates for free.I have heard that there will be a Henry MG dealer opening up in Salisbury,but don’t know when,it’s going to be next to the Hyundai dealer.

My dealer - a large group - isn't worthy of a mention on here. Needless to say, I won't be returning to them in the future.
Wouldn't be Perry's by any chance? Up to now I have experienced a poor Sales and Service from Perry's Preston. I am still waiting for my updates to be done since September which should have been actioned during Pre-delivery inspection. Their After Sales manager is currently dealing with the complaint, evidently the latest reason the updates weren't done, was because the SIP Computer System needed upgrading and they didn't have the passwords for it! Yeah Yeah Yeah! I was told to give them another 10 days which ends this Friday and still no phone call to bring my MG ZS EV into the workshop for the upgrades.

I’m on my second car supplied by Chorley Group, Burnley. Miles Roberts & Jon Robinson have been great to deal with. Oh, and they are definitely not local at 260 miles from home...

For servicing (next Monday) and warranty & the 2nd Generation Comfort System update, I have used the Service dept at Horsham Car Centre And they have been great. Not so impressed with the sales side, but I ordered my MG before I even knew they were a dealer, not that they were the closest to me, as there was one in Tadworth, which is closer, until they went bust, but again, I didn’t know they existed either until after I had put my deposit down back in July 2019!
Got mine from Burnley too, very happy with the service and the car so far 😀

Thanks @Tango130 I'm not on Facebook but that sounds promising.

@Dossdes I'm picking up on the 18th, so will report back.
I would have been happy with either the blue or black but missus preferred the blue, so blue it is :) Gone for the Exclusive as the extra toys and the roof seemed worth the extra.
Dealt with Fazz, seems a nice man.
Managed to do showroom and test drive etc before lockdown but pick up is on a click and collect basis, not allowed inside and them not coming out apparently. Could be interesting.
The EV has landed.

Fazz at Luscombe MG Leeds sent a whatsapp video walkaround of the car first thing in the morning before we set off to collect, a nice touch. Said it was the first time he had done this and will do again in future if he can. Car was waiting for us on time. Quick handover sign docs and drive away.
Comfort update had been done, not had to charge yet, home wallbox is installed tomorrow so will check out BMS situation later.
Excellent service so far. Recommended.
Oh also noted on the PDI sheet No.5 check software levels. Hopefully that means all the updates.

Attachments

• PDI MG.jpg
    PDI MG.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 135
The EV has landed.

Fazz at Luscombe MG Leeds sent a whatsapp video walkaround of the car first thing in the morning before we set off to collect, a nice touch. Said it was the first time he had done this and will do again in future if he can. Car was waiting for us on time. Quick handover sign docs and drive away.
Comfort update had been done, not had to charge yet, home wallbox is installed tomorrow so will check out BMS situation later.
Excellent service so far. Recommended.
Oh also noted on the PDI sheet No.5 check software levels. Hopefully that means all the updates.
great stuff. can't wait to get mine from them on the 30th!!

PDI action 1 looks like it refers to the Service Action items so fingers crossed you'll have all the updates installed

Another Luscombe customer here. Everything done remotely though as I'm in London and Luscombe Motors is in Leeds.
Fabulous service, brilliant handover video, and no complaints at all.

Had first service and Comfort 2 update on Friday at local garage O C Davies, Cardigan. Not very impressed, since no courtesy car (due to Covid, although other garages are managing to offer courtesy cars). Asked them to put on charge before I collected, they said they would and didn't... BMS update not done either... Drove to Shrewsbury yesterday and charged at Ecotricity at Dobbies roundabout prior to driving home (90 miles).

I then had a very strange experience and wonder if there is a connection with maybe a blip in the BMS update?

Successfully charged, turned the car off. Got out, disconnected charger, closed the port, got back in - car was switched on. I didn't think much of it until I started reversing out of the charging bay - steering wheel was rigid (like a steering lock) and despite selecting D, N, Park etc the car would only go in reverse - which was quite worrying when I was up to the hedge behind me and cars approaching from the side (by now my car was blocking the roadway). Several times I tried to switch the car off, nothing happened - could not switch off. Although I was able to select D, and N - the car would still only reverse. Eventually a message appeared on the screen suggesting I select N or Park, which I was then able to do and normal service was resumed. This is all very bizarre and has never happened before (I have had the car since the beginning of March).

Emailed them first thing this morning, still waiting for a response....

Had first service and Comfort 2 update on Friday at local garage O C Davies, Cardigan. Not very impressed, since no courtesy car (due to Covid, although other garages are managing to offer courtesy cars). Asked them to put on charge before I collected, they said they would and didn't... BMS update not done either... Drove to Shrewsbury yesterday and charged at Ecotricity at Dobbies roundabout prior to driving home (90 miles).

I then had a very strange experience and wonder if there is a connection with maybe a blip in the BMS update?

Successfully charged, turned the car off. Got out, disconnected charger, closed the port, got back in - car was switched on. I didn't think much of it until I started reversing out of the charging bay - steering wheel was rigid (like a steering lock) and despite selecting D, N, Park etc the car would only go in reverse - which was quite worrying when I was up to the hedge behind me and cars approaching from the side (by now my car was blocking the roadway). Several times I tried to switch the car off, nothing happened - could not switch off. Although I was able to select D, and N - the car would still only reverse. Eventually a message appeared on the screen suggesting I select N or Park, which I was then able to do and normal service was resumed. This is all very bizarre and has never happened before (I have had the car since the beginning of March).

Emailed them first thing this morning, still waiting for a response....
Finally I have a response - after an email (appears the person I emailed has left and no-one thought to check their email inbox :( ), a message via their website (not yet acknowledged) and finally this morning via FB messenger. They have said the workshop will phone me, and that the BMS update was done on Friday! How come my car still needs to be locked to charge at home then? This is looking more and more like the issues I had in Shrewsbury on Sunday were to do with a failed BMS update?

Another vote for Miles and Chorley Group - if only they weren't so far away.... I test drove the MG ZS with O C Davies (nearest dealer) but they couldn't supply a red one before the impending lockdown way back in March. Miles supplied me with an ex-demo with tinted windows (love them!!), no hassle at all. After this fiasco with O C Davies, I'm considering going to Panda in Swansea in future - I think I saw someone on here saying they had had good experience there

I bought from Swansea Panda MG dealer, and drove it away a week ago. (25/11/2020)

Sales service was very good, the car is excellent, and seems to be up to date.

So a recommendation for Panda, for sales anyway. No idea how they will operate for servicing and repairs...lets hope that will also be positive...:)

Last edited:
great stuff. can't wait to get mine from them on the 30th!!

PDI action 1 looks like it refers to the Service Action items so fingers crossed you'll have all the updates installed
How did it go ?

How did it go ?
Really well. Very impressed with the handover video I got sent on the morning of collection. Handover itself was contactless, well apart from signing a couple of documents. Love driving it. It was fully charged on collection and I’ve done about 50 miles since Monday, showing about 95 on the GOM. Won’t bother charging until I get low.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom