How long did you wait?

Deleted member 6627

Reaction score
How long did you wait for delivery of your new MG5? Placed an order on Saturday. Got a long 2 months to wait. Hoping it will turn up a little sooner.

I went in for a long range, but decided to get the standard range in the colour and spec I wanted. Fingers crossed I collect it on Friday.

Waited 4 weeks. That said, I could've had the car after a fortnight, but I'd got a trip away that was already planned for then and so I wasn't going to be around to pick it up.

...Took a short-range instead as they had one in stock.
I am a compulsive impulse buyer :) but this was one that I didn't compromise on, as I think the additional range will be of importance to me at (admittedly fairly rare) times. In fact the shortish long range was the one and only thing that made me think twice about the car, after an extended test drive.

Lots of different timescales. Shame there is no online tracking. Would have been great to get live updates. I guess I will just have to sit tight and hope it turns up a few days after my zappi gets installed.

It's a shame they're not coming over land and across the English channel, there seems to be lots of boats landing there every day. :sneaky:

We waited a week and that was only because we wanted it on a 71 plate.

We looked for a dealer that had one in stock and bought their last one. Weren't too worried about trim or colour although we preferred the excite as we didn't want a car with keyless entry. I get the impression some dealers buy batches without having customer orders.

Interestingly I worked on an online order tracking tool for a 'prestige' German marquee a couple of years ago. It was just guess work based on the order date and average manufacturing/shipping times. If the car made it to a customer in line with any info the order tracker gave it was pure luck 😁

We waited a week and that was only because we wanted it on a 71 plate.

We looked for a dealer that had one in stock and bought their last one. Weren't too worried about trim or colour although we preferred the excite as we didn't want a car with keyless entry. I get the impression some dealers buy batches without having customer orders.

Interestingly I worked on an online order tracking tool for a 'prestige' German marquee a couple of years ago. It was just guess work based on the order date and average manufacturing/shipping times. If the car made it to a customer in line with any info the order tracker gave it was pure luck 😁
I guess Hermes use a similar tracking system for their parcels.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom