How many facelift versions are out there?

Perhaps I'll put some weekends aside to wade through it.
Perhaps not.

Perhaps you could link to a choice morsel from the 255 pages (of which I read through 5 & saw no mention of a welched deal)...
Perhaps not...

The thread search function is right there...
Just had a call from cars2 barnsley telling me cars due in 2 -3 weeks but because the government grant has stopped I'm not eligable for the £2500 ...... I ordered the car back in November...they claim they only apply for the grant once the car is delivered to their site....isn't the grant applied form when the order goes in
Update to the above farce…….Dealer has now informed me that they are NOT prepared to bridge the gap of the 2.5k government grant that they seem to have messed up and that if I still want the car, I will have to pay it as they now will not “sit on the stock indefinitely until the appeal is processed”. If I’m not prepared to pay the extra 2.5k, they will simply refund the original £500 deposit to me and make the car available again for sale to anyone that wants it!
Absolutely fuming that this is their stance but at the end of the day, I know that they’ll just throw another few grand on the sticker price and flog it to anyone cos they can, and what can I do about it? Nothing!!
Long, tall & short of it is I’m allegedly picking it up tomorrow pm but another £2500 lighter in the wallet (unless by some miracle the appeal is successful with the government!). Never will I ever be using Chapel House dealership again, even for servicing!
@kewbob @Gazza @sha66ir
I've let MG UK know about the issues which have been discussed - regarding the Darlington cancellations, and the Cars2 grant mismanagement. They are investigating.

To clarify:
  • MG UK has not cancelled any sold customer orders.
  • Grants should be applied for at the time the order is taken, and both OZEV and MG UK had given guidance to dealerships back in December about how to ensure that any oustanding orders which hadn't yet had a grant application made would be able to be claimed for retrospectively (by a deadline in December).

The deal referred to is subject to small print. The small print likely confirms the price on the order form can be subject to changes I.e. if the grant money never materialises then you need to cover the shortfall.

I know if I was getting the grant I’d be double checking my dealer had submitted the request. A couple of members Roadrunner and Gazza have both been requested to pay the balance that was due from the grant after notification their car was ready for collection and they have protested and Roadrunner has paid the extra. If you find out beforehand then you can either; save up the money if you want the car or, spend the time collating the evidence the dealer has made a mistake and trying to sort out the mishap with the dealer before the payments due. If your car has arrived and you can’t pay for it within the time limit set under the contract, due the grant mishap, then it may be the dealer can sell the vehicle to someone else. Then the car that’s been waited on for months has gone and you’re at the back of the queue again or looking for a different car and subject to the current prices. I’d prefer to have time to argue it with the dealer before they had my car to hold me over a barrel.
Thankyou for the most useful & detailed summary of the issue.

The deal referred to is subject to small print. The small print likely confirms the price on the order form can be subject to changes I.e. if the grant money never materialises then you need to cover the shortfall.

I know if I was getting the grant I’d be double checking my dealer had submitted the request. A couple of members Roadrunner and Gazza have both been requested to pay the balance that was due from the grant after notification their car was ready for collection and they have protested and Roadrunner has paid the extra. If you find out beforehand then you can either; save up the money if you want the car or, spend the time collating the evidence the dealer has made a mistake and trying to sort out the mishap with the dealer before the payments due. If your car has arrived and you can’t pay for it within the time limit set under the contract, due the grant mishap, then it may be the dealer can sell the vehicle to someone else. Then the car that’s been waited on for months has gone and you’re at the back of the queue again or looking for a different car and subject to the current prices. I’d prefer to have time to argue it with the dealer before they had my car to hold me over a barrel.
Exactly. Hopefully it doesn't affect anyone else, but may be worth checking.

& the search term was.........?
"grant"

Given that the refreshed ZS was only launched a few months ago, and it seems not many have received them yet, I wonder how many are actually on the road? We were very lucky and had only a week wait, as after enquiring, a local MG dealer agreed to sell us the unit he had arriving in a few days which presumably was a demo. From enquiry to pickup was 8 days. That was 2 weeks ago and I have not seen a single new model ZS on the road. We keep getting stares at ours.
None on Australian roads yet.

Hello all
Is there anyone on this forum who is from the Northwest of England “Wigan” who has ordered a ZS EV in the past 12 months and has received there order.
I am asking because I ordered a ZS 10 months ago and am still waiting, I spoke the dealership yesterday and they don’t know it will be delivered maybe not this year.

Hello all
Is there anyone on this forum who is from the Northwest of England “Wigan” who has ordered a ZS EV in the past 12 months and has received there order.
I am asking because I ordered a ZS 10 months ago and am still waiting, I spoke the dealership yesterday and they don’t know it will be delivered maybe not this year.
Ordered a blue Trophy 🏆 long range on the 12th November 2021 from the lads at the Chorley Group at Burnley.
Collected the car on the 18th March 2022.
It was a similar wait time when we ordered our red ZS EV Exclusive Gen1 back in July 2019 and collected in Jan 2020.

Last edited:
Ordered a blue Trophy 🏆 long range on the 12th November 2021 from the lads at the Chorley Group at Barnsley.
Collected the car on the 18th March 2022.
It was a similar wait time when we ordered our red ZS EV Exclusive Gen1 back in July 2019 and collected in Jan 2020.
Barnsley? Why did no-one say sooner?🤷‍♂️

We made a trip out to Salop ( Shropshire ) today.
A blue face lift passed us going in the opposite direction, then about one hour latter, a white one came up behind us and then passed us on the dual carriageway.
Two face lift models spotted on the same trip !.
A quick hand raised by both drivers.

We made a trip out to Salop ( Shropshire ) today.
A blue face lift passed us going in the opposite direction, then about one hour latter, a white one came up behind us and then passed us on the dual carriageway.
Two face lift models spotted on the same trip !.
A quick hand raised by both drivers.
How many fingers though? 🤭

I have a Red face lift version I have seen 2 blue ones. 1 silver, 1 white and 1 red
Here is mine SE SR

Attachments

• IMG_20220611_143657747.jpg
    IMG_20220611_143657747.jpg
    824.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20220611_143633154.jpg
    IMG_20220611_143633154.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20220611_143647142.jpg
    IMG_20220611_143647142.jpg
    857.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20220611_143624793.jpg