How to disassemble the Mg HS doors ?

Sirefr

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hello to all,
I have an MG EHS and I want to change my speakers.
How to remove the doors?
Do you have a video or tutorial explaining the procedure to be able to remove the doors, in order to change the speakers.
Thank you in advance!

You wouldn't need to remove a door to access speakers, just the door card.

Thank you for the answer.
If I understand correctly, you don't have to remove the door to change the speakers, but only the speaker cover at the bottom?
Can you make me some pictures for a better understanding? Thank you

I don't drive an HS but the arrangement will be similar on the majority of cars.
It's unlikely to be very different to the procedure detailed in this MGZS video:

Thank you for the answer.
If I understand correctly, you don't have to remove the door to change the speakers, but only the speaker cover at the bottom?
Can you make me some pictures for a better understanding? Thank you

If you're lucky, the grilles will come off the front of the speakers and the screws and connections will be visible there.

Having taken a few door liners off over the years (on older cars I have to say), the tricks are to find the hidden screws typically behind covers in arm rests and handles - and make sure you find them all! Then try a sharp pull from the bottom, which ought to release plastic push in clips, some of which will probably break, before lifting the liner up out of the window slot. Meanhile avoid pulling the attached wires and be sure to either disconnect them or at least treat them gently.

If the liner needs to come off, I'd consider carefully just how much you need the new speakers - it can be a pain in the a*se job.

I'd be interested to see of changing the speakers makes a difference.
I think the head unit produces a poor quality rather than the issue being at the speaker end.

There was an issue on the old Citroen ZX (remember them!) where the speakers were not well matched to the head unit and replacing them produced a better sound, but I fear in the MG it's the reverse.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom