How to get a FRUNK in your MG5

Buzz42 thank you great fine just what’s needed also a gas strut that he mentioned in the video would be good as well I’m watching his channel now and hoping for my information on these items.
Les.
Bzz42 :)

Perhaps : 41.19£ 48% de réduction|Support de barre de renfort de capot pour MG MG5 2021 – 2022, pièces de châssis de direction, accessoires Automobiles | AliExpress

or : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005...60325564105876e5f8a!12000030997461408!rec!FR!

Recently appeared a custom retrofit frunk for Euro 169 plus Euro 8 for shipping to UK. Size 45x45x35cm so 70litres. So 3.5 times the volume of the IKEA box diy version, but 10 times the price.

Recently appeared a custom retrofit frunk for Euro 169 plus Euro 8 for shipping to UK. Size 45x45x35cm so 70litres. So 3.5 times the volume of the IKEA box diy version, but 10 times the price.
I was just looking at that one. Seems a bit basic compared to the frunk for other models

Found this set which I think might be correct - description lists

• For Roewe i5 (AP31/EP22) 2017-2023
  • For Roewe Ei5 (electric estate) 2017-2023
  • For MG EP (electric, Thailand) 2017-2023

£25.43 32% Off | For Roewe i5 Ei5 AP31 EP22 2017-2023 MG EP Front Bonnet Hood Modify Gas Struts Lift Support Shock Absorber Dampers Rod Springs

@biffo do you know if these would these effectively raise the bonnet for you once it's unlatched, or just make it lighter to lift? And would they hold it open without the standard prop in place ( - I realise if you wanted it open for a while you'd want to use the arm)?

I'm half interested cos I keep my charge cable under there and it might make life slightly easier if I didn't have to faff around quite so much to get it out and put it back.

@biffo do you know if these would these effectively raise the bonnet for you once it's unlatched, or just make it lighter to lift? And would they hold it open without the standard prop in place ( - I realise if you wanted it open for a while you'd want to use the arm)?

I'm half interested cos I keep my charge cable under there and it might make life slightly easier if I didn't have to faff around quite so much to get it out and put it back.
Not sure they’d raise the bonnet - saw this video of the MG4 versions and they definitely assist but not raise on their own. They do fully support though.

Not sure they’d raise the bonnet - saw this video of the MG4 versions and they definitely assist but not raise on their own. They do fully support though.

Anyone else wince when he pulled the nut extendy thing out and put 2 chips into the paint in the bonnet?

Thanks for the vid @biffo. At about 12:11 the bonnet appears to be rising on it's own.

Although that wasn't really so important to me.

I might well grab a set!! I'll report back if I do...

Thanks for the vid @biffo. At about 12:11 the bonnet appears to be rising on it's own.

Although that wasn't really so important to me.

I might well grab a set!! I'll report back if I do...
I ordered one earlier - not sure why - but works out just under £30. Be interesting to see how it works as I suspect MG5 bonnet is heavier than the MG4. No doubt I’ll end up justifying that 70 litre frunk too 🤷‍♂️

A frunk is now available for the facelifted version at frunk.at

A frunk is now available for the facelifted version at frunk.at

Is it specifically the facelift model? Doesn't say either way but given the non-facelift wan't in Europe, makes sense that it might be - and do the two models differ under the bonnet?

It is prettier than the one above though - looks like a smaller main section but definitely better looking.

Edit:
Found the YouTube video - looks similar from what I remember

Last edited:
I ordered one earlier - not sure why - but works out just under £30. Be interesting to see how it works as I suspect MG5 bonnet is heavier than the MG4. No doubt I’ll end up justifying that 70 litre frunk too 🤷‍♂️
@biffo - did you get the bonnet struts yet, if so did they work and was it easy to do?

I think I prefer the home made Frunk option with the IKEA box, especially as it keeps the support frame & could be sprayed black or find a black alternative . I keep my cables in the boot though & not sure I need the extra space that desperately. I wouldn’t mind doing the gas struts upgrade though, seems odd not to have them.

I think I prefer the home made Frunk option with the IKEA box, especially as it keeps the support frame & could be sprayed black or find a black alternative . I keep my cables in the boot though & not sure I need the extra space that desperately. I wouldn’t mind doing the gas struts upgrade though, seems odd not to have them.
I did make a frunk for the ZS and found it was useful but only ever kept the charging cable in it. So since I changed to the five estate I’ve just coiled the cable on top of the “engine” cover without any problems. It rarely gets disturbed as most of my charging is done at home on the Rolec tethered cable.

Has anyone tried this frunk from EV accesories Ireland for 169 euros plus VAT?
There a Black Friday discount this week, quite a saving! 23% off.

I worked out that on one trip, if I filled it with wine, the savings would pay for it in a single trip .

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom