How to get the app synched when you’ve forgot password?

bimbamboodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I’ve had a ZS EV for about 3 weeks now and really need to know how to log into the app when my husband thinks he’s logged out but can’t recall what password he used if he wants to log in again. Is there a ‘forgotten password’ button somewhere that we can’t see? Or is there a way to contact a helpful person who can get us out of this mess? Thanks.

I’ve had a ZS EV for about 3 weeks now and really need to know how to log into the app when my husband thinks he’s logged out but can’t recall what password he used if he wants to log in again. Is there a ‘forgotten password’ button somewhere that we can’t see? Or is there a way to contact a helpful person who can get us out of this mess? Thanks.
Screenshot_20230408-203834.png

You don't need to bound to another phone as it's the account that is bound not the phone you just log in with same account and password and to send commands to the car use same pin

Last edited:
Does Google passwords save this one ?
If so you can look it up in your Google account.

That’s the problem, he can’t remember the log in details! It was all done in a rush before we knew all this…….!!
It sounds like your trying the next step with out completing the first as your phone is saying it's logged in who's account? Your original one? You need to log out then try with his login that's when you see the forgotten password

Speaking of apps, seems to have updated. Now I can't use charge management because it doesn't recognise my car as being electric.

Apparently: factory reset the head uni - there is a preference to do so in the settings menu (check the manual or google it). Then set-up bluetooth again & iSmart binding etc

Apparently: factory reset the head uni - there is a preference to do so in the settings menu (check the manual or google it). Then set-up bluetooth again & iSmart binding etc
I believe you will find factory reset will not reset iSmart binding as once bound it's not car that holds the data it's the servers

I believe you will find factory reset will not reset iSmart binding as once bound it's not car that holds the data it's the servers
I hope this will work, thanks.

I wonder what happens when the car is sold at a later date, how would it bind with the new owner?!

Previously, I could see an ‘unbind’ message on one of the pages on my app. I have just looked now, and it’s not there. There is a photo showing this from an owner somewhere on this forum.

I have a feeling it was @JohnInFrance ??

If anyone buys a secondhand MK2 MG, they need to ensure the previous owner has ‘unbound’, otherwise it’s a security risk and a real headache.

Edited to add

When you click on the vehicle ‘name/reg’ on the PARKED page of the app, a vehicle management page comes up, where there is the ‘unbind’ facility in red.

Attachments

• 1CF1D90A-12DC-4628-BE28-E050169A6B43.jpeg
    1CF1D90A-12DC-4628-BE28-E050169A6B43.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom