How to stop Spotify auto-playing when entering Android Auto?

mickw

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have a Mk1 MG5.

I normally listen to DAB radio, but when I connect my phone via Android Auto (to use google maps), Spotify automatically starts playing whatever it was doing when Spotify was last used. So to get back to DAB I have to go back to home screen and select DAB manually.

Does anyone please know a way to stop Spotify auto-playing when Android Auto is started up?

(Possibly this is a Spotify/Phone setup issue rather than something to do with the car. Phone is Samsung Galaxy J6)

Thanks

Sounds like a spotify android auto thing. I don't use spottify but have amazon music. It always defaults to DAB even with the phone connected. It does open the last used navigation app on android on connection.

Screenshot_20221221-190543_Android Auto.jpg

Just checked there is a Start music setting in android auto

On the settings screen which @akendall1966 shows, try turning OFF the "Start music automatically" switch.

I have that off in Android Auto on my phone and have never had the "problem" of Spotify starting as soon as the phone is connected to the car. Like akendall, it always opens for me with whichever navigation app I was previously using.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom