How to tell it's a LR on the V5C ?

ASRtichy

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all. Is there a way to tell if the car is an LR version from the V5C logbook?
Mine shows model 'MG 5 Exclusive EV', but no mention of if it's the LR version.

Thanks

Hi all. Is there a way to tell if the car is an LR version from the V5C logbook?
Mine shows model 'MG 5 Exclusive EV', but no mention of if it's the LR version.

Thanks
Does it show battery size? It could be a problem in future proving the roof rail rating. The long range has MG Pilot but is that something that could be fitted after sale.

Type?
Mine is listed as EP22 on the V5C. Is that the same as the standard range?
I think the EP means Electrically Propelled. Don't know about the numbers but I wouldn't think it refers to a Standard Range or a LR.

EP22 is the Saic model number. Also call the Roewe Ei5. Doesn't refer to SR or LR.
1644593830504.png

If not on the V5C, what about on the MG Certificate of Conformity? The only thing on there says Electric Range = 403km (Electric City Range = 539.5km)

Surely It must say somewhere on something that it's an LR version or have the battery capacity?

If not on the V5C, what about on the MG Certificate of Conformity? The only thing on there says Electric Range = 403km (Electric City Range = 539.5km)

Surely It must say somewhere on something that it's an LR version or have the battery capacity?
Is there any info on the ident plate of the car that displays it ?.
On the ZS EV the plate can be found, when you open the drivers door, the plate is on the “B” post.

Is there any info on the ident plate of the car that displays it ?.
On the ZS EV the plate can be found, when you open the drivers door, the plate is on the “B” post.
I'll have a look when the wife gets back with the car 👍

Doesn't the LR have a higher gross weight?

Ah sadly that's only on the excite...

Screenshot_20220212-003045-314.png

I’ve always felt that the last two columns were the wrong way around.
That's a good shout, I'd agree. Wonder what it says on the actual cars? If it is the wrong way around in the book then that would be a good indication of model.

None of the short range have MG Pilot. It would not be retrofitted. So coloured ends on the stalks equals LR

My V5 for MG5LR Exclusive says

Variant : 2EAC1EI
Version : WA5RJE

I suspect that this will vary between Exclusive and Excite - and possibly also between SR and LR - but as mentioned above, the differences are really obvious once you know what to look for

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom