HS PHEV cumulative trip record

ColinB

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I’ve had my new car for a month now. Whilst familiarising myself with the different controls this weekend I reset my trip record but somehow also seem to have inadvertently reset my cumulative record which I would have thought wasn’t possible. I’ve spoken to the MG dealer F G Barnes at Canterbury which is where I bought the car new from but the chap I spoke to said he couldn’t replicate what I had done on the same car that he drives as a demo. The handbook says to give a long push to retrieve it but that doesn’t seem to do anything.
Can any one help please on how to retrieve the information?

Bit odd that and you would think there is an electronic record within the car for the dealer or you to access or via the data port?

Thinking about it I asked my dealer for a record of all software and the version numbers when they were investigating some electronic faults. They said sorry we can't (be bothered?) do that. Not impressed bought this, haven't used it yet though.

Waiting till I have time to work through some other threads re how to use this and analyse the hv battery state with an app etc.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve had my new car for a month now. Whilst familiarising myself with the different controls this weekend I reset my trip record but somehow also seem to have inadvertently reset my cumulative record which I would have thought wasn’t possible. I’ve spoken to the MG dealer F G Barnes at Canterbury which is where I bought the car new from but the chap I spoke to said he couldn’t replicate what I had done on the same car that he drives as a demo. The handbook says to give a long push to retrieve it but that doesn’t seem to do anything.
Sorry to say but a long press on current journey or accumulated journey is a reset to 0 i did it myself on accumulate journey and that info has gone, current journey reset after a short turn off of power, not sure how long before it reset for a new journey. Or you reset it with a long press of ok button.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies. It seems incredible that you can reset the cumulative mileage record and will make buying a second hand HSPHEV
( and it seems any of the current MG range of cars ) a lottery for future buyers. In the past Arthur Daly type car dealers used to “ clock “ cars they were selling. Fortunately I’ve only had the car a month and the history is minimal but I would like it back. I will try to get someone at MG’s head office to find me one of their sales outlets that can access the cars computer and recover the information that I inadvertently zapped. I will let you know how I get on.

There are 3 odometers in the car.

1) Total miles covered. This is displayed at the bottom of the display between the fuel and battery guages. You can't mess with this.

2) Accumulated total. This is the normal 'trip mileage' counter that all cars have. It counts miles/fuel economy reset (long OK press). If you have reset this by mistake instead of 'current journey' then the info is lost.

3) Current journey. This works as above except it resets after a power-off that exceeds some preset time (seems to be about an hour). You can also reset it as above.

Thanks for your replies. It seems incredible that you can reset the cumulative mileage record and will make buying a second hand HSPHEV
Accumulated total is all the mileage added together since the last reset (long press OK). The vehicle odometer, total mileage done since vehicle left the factory, is at the bottom of the display next to clock. This can not be reset.

Thanks for the information. Have found the total mileage next to the clock at the bottom of the screen. Shows what an excellent and helpful asset this forum is.
On my other cars and motorbikes there are only two sets of figures shown on the dashboard/ speedometer. One shows the trip and can be reset. The other is the total mileage and cannot be reset.
What‘s the purpose of the Accumulated total?
I’m new to electric car ownership and would have liked the data shown in the Accumulated line to reflect my total driving showing electric/ petrol usage.
Thanks again for your help

Some car have the two I use the accumulated for a year then reset it at the start of a New Years of driving.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom