Hs phev door mirrors

phillip parker

Standard Member
Reaction score
bracknell
Driving
MG HS PHEV

Door mirrors issue​

I have a 1 week old HS PHEV and issue with door mirrors that won’t open out when vehicle is unlocked, so far dealer cannot fix and is awaiting guidance from China how to rectify . Any one else with a HS had same issue I wonder ?

phillip parker

Standard Member
Reaction score
bracknell
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I’m 6 weeks into owning my HS PHEV , apart from initial problem with the door mirrors , I’m very pleased with it , if I take it easy I am getting around 40 miles on a charge , just wondered what are others getting on a charge ?

sky0000547

Reaction score
South Yorkshire
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I’m 6 weeks into owning my HS PHEV , apart from initial problem with the door mirrors , I’m very pleased with it , if I take it easy I am getting around 40 miles on a charge , just wondered what are others getting on a charge ?

You got the mirror fixed yet? Others have commented it’s the door control panel that is at fault and not the wiring loom.

phillip parker

Standard Member
Reaction score
bracknell
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Yes dealer fixed it thanks , and your correct I believe it was the door control panel that was at fault , I was lucky as dealer just happened to have one in stock .

TWbm

Reaction score
Southampton
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Mine went through a phase of not working. I found that moving them manually back and forth would cure that for a week or so, then they'd do it again. I asumed some dirt was getting into the contact, or it was the remnants of a protective coating from manufacture, or something, and added it to the list of oddball things the HS PHEV does sometimes. It's just ocurred to me it hasn't happened for weeks ....

Red5SIB

Novice Member
Reaction score
northampton
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Yes we have the same problem. With our HS Exclusive. Electrical glitches I reckon. Door mirrors, parking brake not releasing and boot not closing properly. Is it worth taking it back to the dealer? It’s only 3 weeks old.

phillip parker

Standard Member
Reaction score
bracknell
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Yes indeed take it back to dealer as within 30 days you can actually reject the vehicle and they are obliged to take it back !

Red5SIB

Novice Member
Reaction score
northampton
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Thanks. It’s Intermitant at the min and it could be to do with me not setting it up properly. Thank you for the advice though. Much appreciated.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG4 News + MG5 Pricing and Specification Announcements
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Top Bottom