HS PHEV Service Cost (3rd Year, but v. low mileage)

Starresources

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
MG HS PHEV service cost: 3rd year annual service, 9,000 miles only - no service plan - quotes received as follows:
1) Baylis MG, Gloucester, stated they do not use a low mileage policy for MG annual services but simply uses the "costs laid down by MG". This (3rd year) service, which would include the usual engine oil, filter and sump plug washer + gear box oil, spark plugs and more (which in my view are not necessary for a car with only 9.000 miles) would cost £720! After I picked myself up off the floor, I then called another equally local dealer (and one other, not so close, for comparison, also);
2) Cinderford MG, Forest of Dean, stated they did use a low mileage policy and that my car would need only the standard MG annual service to maintain the MG warranty and the annual breakdown cover (provided free by MG). The quoted cost was £280.
3) For comparison, Bristol Street MG, Beaconsfield, quoted £320 for the 3rd year annual service.

As has been discussed previously - in this terrific forum - there appears to be no standardization for MG service costs, and that some unscrupulous dealers can charge whatever they wish. Needless to say, I won't be seeking the services of Baylis MG, Gloucester, in any further capacity in the future.

I owned a VW PHEV before going full BEV in 2019 and found that the servicing costs to be more and more expensive as the car aged.
The oil and filter had to be replaced every 10 - 12 months regardless of the milage covered.
As the car is a hybrid, you paying to service the ICE and any items required by the EV side of things.
Basically you are serving two masters with PHEV which can be more expensive than a straight ICE.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom