Hunter Green Paint code / touch up

Phantom3D

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Hey, so i picked up my car a few days ago, and with the odometer still under 200km I got a stone chip from a passing truck on one of the rear doors šŸ¤¬
It is not deep, but I can feel it with my fingers.

I know matte paint is hard to repair, but does any original touch-up paint exist? I just want to make it a bit less visible!

2024-01-29 11.52.39.JPG

Hey, so i picked up my car a few days ago, and with the odometer still under 200km I got a stone chip from a passing truck on one of the rear doors šŸ¤¬
It is not deep, but I can feel it with my fingers.

I know matte paint is hard to repair, but does any original touch-up paint exist? I just want to make it a bit less visible!

View attachment 23346
Noooooooooo.
What a pain.

Nothing exists yet to my knowledge.
You might have to bite the bullet and get some matching paint made up at a modern crash repair garage?

It is very minor, and it would happen at some point anyway.. I am just angry it was this early and not on a typical stone chip area like the front bumper.

As the base coat seems to be nearly the same colour Halfords do a matt lacquer. Spray a bit into the lid and using a fine paintbrush build up the layers.

You might find the paint code on the inside of the door frame or under the front hood on a small metal plate/silver sticker. It should read RAL nnnn, for example RAL 2009. This code is the standard format used internationally and used by body shops, paint shops all over the world.

You might find the paint code on the inside of the door frame or under the front hood on a small metal plate/silver sticker. It should read RAL nnnn, for example RAL 2009. This code is the standard format used internationally and used by body shops, paint shops all over the world.
It appears differently on the MG4 see attached from mine. I have sent this photo to a few suppliers and all confirm it comes back as blue!

Attachments

• IMG_0757.jpeg
    IMG_0757.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
You can go to the link below, it looks like RAL 6011 under the 'Green' section which has 37 variants of green. MG or in fact any manufacturer won't make up their own colours, they will use RAL codes and then call them their own name, in this case 'Hunter Green'. When a bodyshop repairs a car, they'll refer to the RAL code to get the factory colour. You can take the RAL number to any paint shop and they can mix it up for you to the exact factory colour.

Thanks, I found the paintcode inside the door. 5zck. The local paintshop could not mix it by code, but they did scan my car and will get back to me.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom