HVAC Problems

BruceT

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello all
I thought I might ask the hive if anybody else has had this problem.....
The fan stops working when switched to levels 4 and 5. It can stop after anywhere between 0 and 60 seconds ish. it seems to stay on and work fine on levels 1,2,3 and 6. it doesn't seem to matter if the AC is on or ANY other setting or even the drive mode. If I turn the HVAC off and on again it usually restarts, then stops again 0-60 secs.
I'm off to the garage later but I have zero faith that they will even find the fault, let alone fix it. BUT have you got any ideas?

Thanks guys

Hello all
I thought I might ask the hive if anybody else has had this problem.....
The fan stops working when switched to levels 4 and 5. It can stop after anywhere between 0 and 60 seconds ish. it seems to stay on and work fine on levels 1,2,3 and 6. it doesn't seem to matter if the AC is on or ANY other setting or even the drive mode. If I turn the HVAC off and on again it usually restarts, then stops again 0-60 secs.
I'm off to the garage later but I have zero faith that they will even find the fault, let alone fix it. BUT have you got any ideas?

Thanks guys
I had the exact same issue. The dealer checked it and couldn't see any error codes. The issue only happens when the outside temperature is above 18-20 degrees (Celsius).

So I went back to the dealer and asked them to replace the transistor pack, see this thread:

It was done last week and it seems it has fixed it but I haven't used the AC in hot day yet.

Just a very quick update, if anybody wants to know, and if it's useful.

Took the car back to the dealer they have changed the Resistor box on the fan. It is a 'known fault' NOT a specific EV problem. It seems to be fixed.

Just a very quick update, if anybody wants to know, and if it's useful.

Took the car back to the dealer they have changed the Resistor box on the fan. It is a 'known fault' NOT a specific EV problem. It seems to be fixed.
Here is the faulty item they would have replaced.
It has been reported as a fault on the ZS EV before.

C85FFFA4-81A5-4E7F-BCFC-59BE860C6C49.jpeg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom