HVAC System - Airflow Buttons wrong way round?

ClawzSkunk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey all, sorry if this has been asked before but I am I going nuts here? When I press the air distribution button for the down, the system adjusts it upwards and vice versa for the other button? It's like they've got the buttons the wrong way round?

aircon1.PNG

Also, does anyone know why you can't have top middle and bottom blowers on at the same time? Just seems a little odd if I'm wanting to heat up the car and clear the windscreen at the same time..

Those triangles confused me. Are they up and down, or obliquely in the face and onto your lap? Now I see them clearly, I can understand why they might be up and down, but I interpreted them differently in the car, and must admit not noticing the air flow. The Top left does the windscreen, its the only one I have bothered with...yet..:D

Both buttons (8) do the same thing, just in opposite directions, cycle through the various options, so IMO one is superfluous.
There doesn't seem to be a windscreen, face and footwell together option using the buttons but I found that when I put the demisters on it blows out of all three and if you then press the demister button to turn it off, the vents to windscreen face and feet are still active.

Hey all, sorry if this has been asked before but I am I going nuts here? When I press the air distribution button for the down, the system adjusts it upwards and vice versa for the other button? It's like they've got the buttons the wrong way round?

View attachment 844
Also, does anyone know why you can't have top middle and bottom blowers on at the same time? Just seems a little odd if I'm wanting to heat up the car and clear the windscreen at the same time..
Yes, they've got the buttons the wrong way round!

We can add one of these buttons along with the battery button to the superfluous pile 🙂

Haven't they literally replaced the 2 outside buttons that were the air directions from the base system with the heated seats. So they've then effectively bodged the 2 middle buttons to work the air directions.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom