Hypothetical breakdown question

Gwynfor Hughes

Established Member
Reaction score
Had my first sweat today on low battery range . Got home with around 8 miles spare on the range.
Got me thinking what would happen in the event of my wife or I breaking down due to insufficient battery.

Are you insured with LV by any chance?

Had my first sweat today on low battery range . Got home with around 8 miles spare on the range.
Got me thinking what would happen in the event of my wife or I breaking down due to insufficient battery.
Call the AA with your free membership and they will get you to a charging point to recharge; you may feel a little silly, but you won’t be the first or the last..

I used Autoaid as my recovery option on Saturday, when I ran out of battery. Can use them for any vehicle I may be driving. They send a local recovery company to you, usually within the hour. They took me to the nearest charging point but can also take you home, should you request it.

As it happens I am with LV car insurance. Why is that please?
Included in your LV Insurance,

• Recovery to the nearest chargepoint if you run out of charge in the UK. We also have a fleet of vehicles we use in partnership with AFF the national roadside electric vehicle charging assistance company, which can recharge your vehicle and get you on the road again. This won’t affect your NCD and there’s no excess to pay

ASDA Breakdown is provided by LV: Britannia Rescue and is only £78 a year for full cover!

I've had it for years. Recently went to Green Flag because of their fancy app....
App never worked and they wouldn't come to your rescue unless you were using the app or unless on the motorway (did I mention the app didn't work?)

Then when the mechanic came out he wouldn't check to see if it was the coils that were faulty (my diagnosis) because he said I had a stretched throttle cable and that needed to be fixed first.

I limped it round to my village back street independent garage and they checked the coils in seconds with a special electronic tool (three of the four coils were faulty), told me the throttle cable wasn't stretched and it can be manually adjusted on my car easily on top of the engine.

Suffice to say I cancelled both mine and my Mom's policies and went straight back to ASDA!

I think LV also include your charging cable and home charger - just took out insurance with them (not for the EV stuff, they were the cheapest)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom