• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

I’ve sold my ZS! Thank you everyone for making this a wonderful forum!

Cocijo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The temptation has proved to be too great! I’ve sold my ZS to Cazoo!

My 13,000 miles and 12 Months ownership of the ZS has been really good.
To those who are thinking of buying a ZS or new to ownership I hope that you enjoy your car as much as I have done!
I didn’t expect great things from the ZS but it has certainly exceeded my expectations. Value for money, space, nice to drive it’s been great.

I looked long and hard at the cost to change - I also looked at the soon to arrive ZS longer range (I didn’t feel MG had done enough changes to the styling for my expectations).
The current gap between new and used has narrowed considerably due to limited availability of new vehicles and also scarcity of good used cars. This means that my cost to change was much lower than I expected.

So what have I gone for?
I decided on the Kia Soul EV Maxx. Devisive looks apart (the funniest I’ve heard it called is a PPV - for Postman Pat Vehicle 🤪).

I was impressed with the drive and specification - plus the price point with a usable 64kwhr battery was unbeatable (it still qualified for the below £35k Government £2500 Grant). Anyway, I’m sure that you guys don’t want to hear about none MG marques!

I’d like to thank everyone for all the help and advice that they have given me during my ZS ownership and those that have shared my Octopus link - I hope that I’ve also been able to help others and share my experiences - this really is a first class and well managed forum.
If Stuart starts a Kia/Hyundai forum I would certainly join.

I will be popping my head in from time to time, but obviously not as much as when I owned the ZS - so someone else can take the title of ‘distinguished member 🤪’ and most messages!

Enjoy your cars everyone.

Cheers cocijo.....enjoy your new steed!

What are you going to do with all the spare time now you are reducing your time on this forum? ;)

To those who are thinking of buying a ZS or new to ownership I hope that you enjoy your car as much as I have done!
I didn’t expect great things from the ZS but it has certainly exceeded my expectations. Value for money, space, nice to drive it’s been great.

I looked long and hard at the cost to change - I also looked at the soon to arrive ZS longer range (I didn’t feel MG had done enough changes to the styling for my expectations).
The current gap between new and used has narrowed considerably due to limited availability of new vehicles and also scarcity of good used cars. This means that my cost to change was much lower than I expected.

So what have I gone for?
I decided on the Kia Soul EV Maxx. Devisive looks apart (the funniest I’ve heard it called is a PPV - for Postman Pat Vehicle 🤪).

I was impressed with the drive and specification - plus the price point with a usable 64kwhr battery was unbeatable (it still qualified for the below £35k Government £2500 Grant). Anyway, I’m sure that you guys don’t want to hear about none MG marques!

I’d like to thank everyone for all the help and advice that they have given me during my ZS ownership and those that have shared my Octopus link - I hope that I’ve also been able to help others and share my experiences - this really is a first class and well managed forum.
If Stuart starts a Kia/Hyundai forum I would certainly join.

I will be popping my head in from time to time, but obviously not as much as when I owned the ZS - so someone else can take the title of ‘distinguished member 🤪’ and most messages!

Enjoy your cars everyone.
How long for delivery @Cocijo ? I do actually like the quirky PPV looks of the Soul but the cost to change to that was still too high for me. I'm still looking forward to my 5LR whenever that arrives. :)

P.S. the Cazoo selling experience is pretty good isn't it.

How long for delivery @Cocijo ? I do actually like the quirky PPV looks of the Soul but the cost to change to that was still too high for me. I'm still looking forward to my 5LR whenever that arrives. :)

P.S. the Cazoo selling experience is pretty good isn't it.
The PPV can grow on you it’s true! Estimated delivery 8th December. What about your 5LR? Yes Cazoo very straightforward deal.

So what have I gone for?
I don't blame you for taking the amazing money & jumping ship.
It's a shame the new ZS doesn't do it for you.
Good luck mate with the new car.
Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 19.43.22.png

Hi @Cocijo .
Sorry for the late reply, I have been wrestling most of the day with my Wi-Fi devices, after having full fibre broadband fitted after a very very LONG wait !.
The Wi-Fi relay in the dumb charger was a real pain in the arse, it did not want to play ball at all !.
I had to strip from the wall box and configure it manually.
Anyway ........ Never mind that crap !.
Can I please also offer my thanks with the other members, who have taken the time to thank you for you time, in helping other ZS EV owners along the way on the forum !.
Yep ....... It's been a bit of a battle with some of the issues raised on this EV alright !.
Really sorry to hear that your leaving us, but you must be feeling excited to be taking on a new journey.
You will have to take up another hobby now !.
All that time on your hands, is going to result in some catching up on some of them DIY tasks now :eek:.
Please don't tell me you have picked "Red" for your next car mate :ROFLMAO:. ( only joking, no offence intended at all ).
The new changes on the new face lift ZS EV has made a big difference, to be sure.
I don't think we are likely to see any radical body styling changes until MG take the next major step like the future MG5.
I wish you well on your new adventure, but keep popping in from time to time.
I am sure you will find time to contribute to the forum.
A lot of the original members are moving on now, due to the high residual values.
Snooze you loose.
Good luck and thanks !.

I was sorting some stuff out today and I have Pimlico blue touch up pen and MG keyring. If the touch up is any use to anyone, just PM me and i’ll post it to you with the keyring. 🙂

Sorry to see you go Cocijo - you were one of the first members I started to follow when I first came to this forum, for your sage advice and guidance.

Best of luck for your new car and thanks for your contributions.

Cheers

Bloggsy

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom