I•Smart QR Code issues

Rob101

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hey everyone…. I mentioned this in the middle of a different thread a week or so ago but didn’t get anywhere.

I noticed some people had issues logging on to the i-smart app (or at least registering for it) but that is not my problem.

I’m on and registered no issues at all, however when I try to bind the vehicle by scanning the QR code I keep getting a message that the service is unavailable. This is happening with both mine and my wife’s phone. It’s a brand new car so nobody is still on bind with it.

I’ve been to two separate dealers and both didn’t really know how to get over the issue…

Any help would be hugely appreciated… other than this so happy with the purchase !!! 👍

Hey everyone…. I mentioned this in the middle of a different thread a week or so ago but didn’t get anywhere.

I noticed some people had issues logging on to the i-smart app (or at least registering for it) but that is not my problem.

I’m on and registered no issues at all, however when I try to bind the vehicle by scanning the QR code I keep getting a message that the service is unavailable. This is happening with both mine and my wife’s phone. It’s a brand new car so nobody is still on bind with it.

I’ve been to two separate dealers and both didn’t really know how to get over the issue…

Any help would be hugely appreciated… other than this so happy with the purchase !!! 👍
is it connect model? do you see the qr code on your screen?

is it connect model? do you see the qr code on your screen?
It’s not the Connect model no. It’s a Trophy LOng Range. I watched some you tube videos to sort out how to do it and can get the QR code on the screen but the phones just won’t scan them.

It’s so frustrating 🤔

It’s not the Connect model no. It’s a Trophy LOng Range. I watched some you tube videos to sort out how to do it and can get the QR code on the screen but the phones just won’t scan them.

It’s so frustrating 🤔
I'm also having the same problem. Brand new car, delivered today. QR code is showing but keep getting message that "service is unavailable."

I'm also having the same problem. Brand new car, delivered today. QR code is showing but keep getting message that "service is unavailable."
I’ve been in talks with my main dealer about the issue who are helpful of sorting a solution. I’ll keep you posted.
If in the meantime you get it sorted please let me know how 👍

How are you finding the car so far? This is our only complaint really. It’s so nice to drive.
I bought it for my wife as I already have an Ioniq 5 Ultimate on order and we both wanted to be fully electric.

I’ve been in talks with my main dealer about the issue who are helpful of sorting a solution. I’ll keep you posted.
If in the meantime you get it sorted please let me know how 👍

How are you finding the car so far? This is our only complaint really. It’s so nice to drive.
I bought it for my wife as I already have an Ioniq 5 Ultimate on order and we both wanted to be fully electric.
*** hopefull of finding a solution

I got my car delivered to and has same problem, I have restarted the phone, deleted the app, re-installed and it then worked without issue.
Hope this helps some

I got my car delivered to and has same problem, I have restarted the phone, deleted the app, re-installed and it then worked without issue.
Hope this helps some
Happy days it worked for you…. I did try that when I was in the main dealer trying to sort but it didn’t work for me 😵 I’ll try it again

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom