I Smart App stopped reporting on windows

DrTom

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
We all know that the App can be a bit buggy and asks you to log in every now and then.

Mine has always reported on 12 items including the windows, even though it used to often say the drivers window was open when it was closed.

Suddenly the other day it asked me to re-log in and now only reports on 11 items, missing the windows.

Anyone else had this happen or know how to fix it.

Cheers

We all know that the App can be a bit buggy and asks you to log in every now and then.

Mine has always reported on 12 items including the windows, even though it used to often say the drivers window was open when it was closed.

Suddenly the other day it asked me to re-log in and now only reports on 11 items, missing the windows.

Anyone else had this happen or know how to fix it.

Cheers
Hi @DrTom.
My App started reporting the drivers window status as incorrect a few weeks ago.
It was a 50 / 50 thing at first, then it reported the drivers window as being open all of the time, when it was not of course.
13 items reported on a system check with no issues, but clearly this was inaccurate.
Other owners have witnessed the same condition, so we are not alone my friend.
Like yourself, I tried using the App this morning, to check on the SOC of the car after charging it last night.
I was quickly prompted to log back into the App again.
Arh …. I was hopeful that the issue had been picked up and therefore may have been resolved !.
Well sort of you might say ?????.
Because now it does not incorrectly report the position of the drivers window, as the feature has been removed from the list 👍.
What’s all that about ????.
I guess that is one way to address it - remove it !.
It is now only reporting eleven items on the check list, instead of usual twelve.
Maybe 🤔 they know there is a problem and have removed the feature until they find the glitch and will then return it to the menu.
Or maybe not, who know’s !!!!!.
Let’s just keep our fingers crossed that it has not disappeared down the same dark hole as the over the air updates folks !.
Anybody else witnessed this strange phenomenon 🤔.

Last edited:
Same here, used to have 12 items before now it’s 11. I keep on wondering what is the 1 item missing until I read DrTom’s post which is the “window”.

Yep, me too. It's clearly been updated (or downdated!) but I wonder if the window check will reappear in the future.:unsure:
Who know’s !.
Either they read this form 👍 or they have realised themselves that the App is incorrectly reporting the drivers window condition ?.
It did work at first, so it is clearly some type of software glitch I think.
Hopefully it has been temporarily removed in order to fix the problem, then it will be reinstated when a fix is found.
Next time it requests us to log in, this maybe an indication that it has been sorted 🤞.

The heated seats button never made to the U.K. App anyway.
Even though a U.K. dealer released a video displaying the facility !.
The video clips where supplied by MG strangely enough, who got it completely wrong for U.K. App - Go figure !.
The Thailand App has many more working features than the U.K. App, heated seats being just one of them.
It’s just odd that the drivers window condition WAS a working feature, then dwindled down into a 50/50 situation, then reported incorrectly every time, until now it has disappeared ?.
We will see if it makes it return 🤞.

The heated seats button never made to the U.K. App anyway.
Even though a U.K. dealer released a video
It work on the demo model at the dealers
It got removed as it had one big problem it only uses 12v battery and the hv battery did not kick in so it was not charging so if heated seats was switched on remotely for 10 minutes the battery did not have enough power to operate the solenoid to activate hv battery equals stranded car

That’s makes no sense to me ?.
MG openly admitted that the footage that THEY had supplied to a U.K. dealer, had been a “Cut & Paste” exercise, taken from footage already made to support the Thailand App.
If you enter the HVAC tab on the Thailand App, there was a sub section for selecting the heated seats. This tab was not on the U.K. App.
This question was raised on one of the Monday night pod casts, and it was clarified that operating the heated seats from the U.K. App was never included.
Miles was one of the first people in the U.K. to get a test drive in the facelift and said he was unable to locate the heated seat function in the U.K. App.
Had the facility been there for the remote heated seats in the U.K. it would have been on a time restricted 10 minute basis of course, which makes sense as a fire safety precaution, but honestly the small drain from the 12 volt battery, to run the heated seats would have been very small.
I don’t think would have threatened the SOC of the battery that much ?.
The info unit in the face lift also has the same 10 minute delay cut off when the car is powered down, it runs a direct drain from the 12 Volt battery only.
A similar timed situation as the heated seat would have been, I guess ?.
Another strange foible of software written for two different markets :unsure:.

Has anybody been requested to sign back into their I-Smart App recently ?.
It happened to me this morning.
Last time this happened, the electric window status had been removed.
I was curious to see if had been updated and the feature had been returned ?.
NO - Still only the 11 items.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom