I-smart on 2 phones ?

SKA

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I remembered I asked this before but I don't think I have found a solution to do it without logging out the other phone..

So has anyone successfully using 2 phones 2 ismarts for one car?

I tried binding the same car in 2 ismart accounts and it won't let me do it

If I use both ismart under one account over 2 phones , it will log out the one phone when the other has logged in so we have to keep logging in again every time.

I can't believe they did not think of this simple and logical problem that a user will face...

Thanks for any advice.

From what i have read in other threads, what you have found out is actually how it is right now.

I can not even begin to understand how a major car manufacturer can think that a car is only driven by one person.

Well indeed.. it is what it is I guess.. (hopefully for now).
Yeah, this is one improvement to the app, they really need to make.

Also, they need to reduce the time it takes to connect to the car and get data, right now it's sometimes 1 minute or more.

But they have not updated the app since january, so i hope a new update is imminent.

There is the issue of confidentiality. After all you can essentially track the car from a second handset.

There is the issue of confidentiality. After all you can essentially track the car from a second handset.
i dont see how that changes anything.

I use the car the most by far so if my wife uses the car and decides at some point that she wants to remote control it, she will certainly be signed out, and she will never know if it happened days or minutes ago.

They could do a log, where it said "User X logged in at XX", offcourse protected with a password so the thief currently driving my stolen car, can not see the log if i am actively tracking him/her :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom