I SMART UPDATE 1.1.7 (android) 1.0.8(ios)Problem

Yes this is good as sometimes on my 1st part of journey I only get 2.2 m/kw
View attachment 12794
I was of the opinion that the big advantage of preheating the HV battery, was to raise the internal temperature of pack, in order for the car to facilitate the highest optimum charge speed at a D/C rapid charger ??.
Therefore reducing the time spent on the D/C charger, before getting back on your travels again.
Heating the pack prior to your trip from home, will increase the M/kwh efficiency because of the ideal heat of the pack, but at the same time we have to consider that battery heater is effectively depleting the range at the same time.
There is a cost implication here, unless you can charge at your destination FOC !.
Or am I missing another point of having a timer on the HV battery, that controls the pack heater?.
šŸ™‹ā€ā™‚ļø:- "Please Mr. MG man šŸ™ can I have my electric window status back please, I promise to be a good boy and will give you the battery timer heater thingy, in exchange" :ROFLMAO:.

Last edited:
Was thinking long trip leaving from home with car plugged in to charger to warm the batterys on a cold frosty morning so you set off with optimal range?

Was thinking long trip leaving from home with car plugged in to charger to warm the batterys on a cold frosty morning so you set off with optimal range?
^ This is one reason.
On the Volt / Ampera I needed every trick available to maximise the range in cold weather. "Preconditioning" to bring the battery and cabin up to temperature while plugged in & before setting off in the morning was just part of the daily routine. With only 30 - 50 miles EV range to play with every 0.1kWh counts!
The other reason is battery health in sub-zero temperatures. As I understand it, charging or driving with the battery's core temperature that low won't do it any good.

I preheat the cabin while it's still on charge so I can't see why not I also use heater when sitting at a dc charger not going to sit there and get cold

Adding a extra car useful as well
Screenshot_20221116_163141.jpg

"Better the devil you know" ;)
As I get older ( but not necessarily any wiser thatā€™s for sure ) I now tend to be a little less impulsive as I use to be.
Adopting the mind set, of not driving straight into the water, without testing with my big toe it first šŸ¤£.
This attitude shift first commenced, when we had our first Gen1 ZS EV.
MG released a few software updates, that where intended to rectify issues on the car that had troubled some owners.
Some of this software corrupted / conflicted with the factory software and caused a lot of problems, this then required MORE updates to correct other updates !.
Being caught on that fair ground ride is not pleasant at all, I can tell you.
This subject is not related to the App update of course, but it has truly made me very cautious towards attempting to improve on things, that then has the very opposite effect.
Just thinking about applying software updates to our car, sends a cold shiver šŸ„¶ down my spine, to be honest.
Once bitten twice shy, I think how the saying goes !.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom