If you got the Basic spec, what can you buy to make it a Trophy?

Storm

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
So, the basic spec in Australia has a little bit more than the UK, but what could people do to make it more like a Trophy (e.g. rear light bar, better audio, electric seat, rear split spoiler etc).

It would be easy to get seat covers, any colour/two-tone (via dipping... way cheaper than paint), sat nav (Apple Carplay/Google Auto), of course.

Is AliExpress my Mulan friend??

Essence.png

This is the Basic Spec in Australia:

excite.png

Last edited:
So, the basic spec in Australia has a little bit more than the UK, but what could people do to make it more like a Trophy (e.g. rear light bar, better audio, electric seat, rear split spoiler etc).

It would be easy to get seat covers, any colour/two-tone (via dipping... way cheaper than paint), sat nav (Apple Carplay/Google Auto), of course.

Is AliExpress my Mulan friend??

View attachment 18461
So you do not get the blind spot indicator in either Aussie version? I now think this is a dealbreaker along with the 360 camera.

So you do not get the blind spot indicator in either Aussie version? I now think this is a dealbreaker along with the 360 camera.
You get the blind spot indicator and 360 camera in the basic version in the UK??

360 camera is definitely in the Essence (same as Trophy) here.

The physical stuff should be possible if you are prepared to run extra wiring for the additional speakers in the rear doors, reversing camera, wireless charging, electric drivers seat etc.
The software upgrade needed for climate control and 360 view in infotainment screen will be impossible as MG won't release it.
You need to also find out if these modifications also affect the warranty.
I think by the time you've priced everything up including labour you won't be saving as much as you think and when you come to sell it it will still be priced as a basic model

Just curious to see if it would be possible to get a few of the extra fruit without having to go up to the $9k version.
I think the problem here with this idea is that you could spend a lot of money trying to make the lower spec car into the higher spec car, which will be more expensive anyway and will never be regarded as the higher spec model anyway.
It just just end up becoming a money pit.
What do you do at the time of sale ?.
Leave all the items on the car or strip it back and return it to factory spec’s ?.
Of course you have the implications of invalidating your warranty by these mod’s to consider ?.
You must be attracted by the extras offered on the higher spec mode to even consider doing this, so go for the higher spec model or you will kick yourself later 👍.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom