I'm in need of sympathy

Alb

Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Three days into ownership :mad:

grrrr.jpg

Oh dear! It’s hard to see from pic. You might be able to get smart dent removal.

I'm hoping that's the case as there is access from the rear.
I'll check out my local body shop tomorrow.

Second week into my ownership I have been driving with my daughter to access a parent child parking slot.

“Paintless dent removal” is what you need for that dent. They will get behind it and manipulate the metal to get the dent out.

Stuff like this drives me mad. The person who did that would've known they had done it. B@st@rds!

Oh ***! Just.. Don't get Father Ted to repair it!:

One thing I loved about the Cactus I just traded in were the "Marmite" Airbump panels on the sides... Saved it some grief over the five years we owned it....

Arf

Took the car in to a trusted body shop for an estimate this morning.
There were two options presented:
  • Simple paintless dent repair for £132
  • Full Repair for £414
The problem with the first option is the fact that the dent is on a swage line and there is no guarantee the repair will be invisible or paint left unbroken. If it is less than 100% successful, the second option will be necessary thus incurring the cost of both.
The second option guarantees an invisible repair in one hit so that's the option I've gone for. I've discussed this with the gentleman who caused the damage and he agrees with that choice.
Car is booked in for repair on Wednesday and should be ready Friday (y)

On the positive side, the person that did it agreed to pay to get it fixed.
That's decent. Lucky they owned up (or got caught in the act).
Anyway I've been keeping quiet about the bent lower wing and front end of the sill that I did on mine after 1000miles or about 3weeks of ownership. I was mortified,as it was the first time I've bent a car in 30+yrs. I've decided to repair it myself. It'll probably never look quite like new but like I keep telling myself "...it's a tool..." - and so am I for doing it!!

My MG dealer persuaded me to take out GardX body and wheel contracts for 3 years at point of sale. I have used it twice but be warned, they exclude the black plastic trim

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom