Incorrect ZS EV GOM readings.

My initial concern that I raised some time ago was that until the update was applied my GOM would show between 179 - 186 or thereabouts, but after the updates it shot up to 218. I’m going to ask for the updates to be reinstalled as I’m not confident they were applied correctly.
Other examples I still get one sound of the horn when the passenger opens and closes the passenger door whilst I’m still in the car with the electrics turned off, better than three sounds of the horn but not correct.
Driving at night in a a dark lane and my auto main beam came on albeit switched of in the latest update.
Just seems strange, has anything else been affected...

@Exdro
Yes you are absolutely right.
All the GOM does is that it responds to the question...
how far will I drive if I continue to drive the way I have driven for the last 3 to 10mins provide all conditions remains the same.
The premises for the estimation is based on data obtained from the WLTP city and mixed cycles as extrapolated to cover the said last 3 to 10mins driving.
That is all the GOM tells us.
Unfortunately the reason people deem it as inaccurate is because they think it answers a slightly different question... Which is....
Irrespective of anything how far will this vehicle travel with the charge left.....
The GOM does not answer this question but is the only surrogate we have today.
So far as people understand the difference between the two questions then they will get to understand the GOM.

Totally agree with @Exdro - GOM readings are guesstimates based on past recent driving history at the start of a journey but will adjust up or down depending on the current driving style and route taken.

@Mark Holmes
Your data prior to the C2U was very good so I am minded to say they will be better over the summer.
However if there are other tech issues then sending the car in as you planned is absolutely what you need to do.
Your GOM data has always been in line with your kWh per mile data so it may be that there are tech issues but not with your GOM.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom