Indra Smart Pro charger problems

GordonWT

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I decided to purchase an Indra Smart Pro home charger from Egg. Paying it up interest free over 3 years was good for me as I couldn’t afford it otherwise!

The installer arrived on Weds morning and Installed it and all appeared fine…until the scheduled time, to take advantage of Octopus Go, came and the charger did not start. Instead I used the MG app and that worked, it charged to 100% and balanced the battery.

I contacted Egg and they apparently made some adjustments over the internet and the next night it came on at scheduled time…however…the max output was 1.4 kw. I pressed the boost button which is supposed to override all other settings and output the max 7.2 kw.

This didn’t work unfortunately snd output stayed at 1.4 and even 1.3 kw :-(

After yet another email to Egg they said they would try something from their end but It was likely I would get a call from their install partner very soon. i have heard nothing and Egg don’t have support over the weekend so this is not the most promising start with Egg and the Indra charger!

Anyone had experience of Egg or the Indra Smart Pro..or both?

I'm facing the same issue last night. Were you able to sort out at the end? If yes, could you please advise how it was sorted out as again it is weekend. I'm not able to get in touch with any one. Thanks in advance.

I'm facing the same issue last night. Were you able to sort out at the end? If yes, could you please advise how it was sorted out as again it is weekend. I'm not able to get in touch with any one. Thanks in advance.

Hi, yes, Egg sent an installer from Glasgow and he replaced the CT clamp and I now get the full charge. They also had to make a few remote tweaks to make sure the charger starts during my Octopus Go period. Everything has been fine since.

Thats great. Unfortunately I will have to wait until Monday before I speak to someone. Thanks for the prompt response, much appreciated.

So I’ve had an issue with the Indra charger. Plugged in at 8pm and schedule via Indra app as I cannot get iSMART app! Should have been ready for 8am. Only had 68% and luke you day was charging at 1.5kwh! Had this last weekend and the Indra man said no issue with the charger but maybe the car?

Hi all, just on this. I have just received my mg4 using it with a Indra smart pro. Does anyone have issues with only charging to 80% as set on the mg app. It would seem for mine if I have it set to anything less than 100% my Indra simply won’t charge my car without me pressing the start charge button on the app. The Indra is meant to schedule the Charging itself to suit getting me the cheapest charge rates. I have the Indra linked to my OVO energy account to get cheap charing rates 10p kWh thanks

Hi all, just on this. I have just received my mg4 using it with a Indra smart pro. Does anyone have issues with only charging to 80% as set on the mg app. It would seem for mine if I have it set to anything less than 100% my Indra simply won’t charge my car without me pressing the start charge button on the app. The Indra is meant to schedule the Charging itself to suit getting me the cheapest charge rates. I have the Indra linked to my OVO energy account to get cheap charing rates 10p kWh thanks
You need to use the web based in order for the charger to be OVO compatible. You need to be ‘Migrated’ from the ordinary App to the Web based App by Indra And ensure they make you compatible as well.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom