Information Screen

Dragonfly

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
When you watch some of Thailand videos they have an information screen on the infortainment system, about battery and AC etc.
Am I right to assume this is not available on the UK versions?

I think the car is essentially the same, but the UK/European version appears to be paired down. I.e. no Kers adjustment, reduced infortainment, no mode button (don't know what that does), no i-smart and most importantly no big red "Super Sport" button.

Obviously there is missing hardware for most of these, but I do wonder how much of the underlying stuff could be activated with a little effort.

When you watch some of Thailand videos they have an information screen on the infortainment system, about battery and AC etc.
Am I right to assume this is not available on the UK versions?
Hi Dragonfly, will post some shots from the infotainment screen tomorrow (messaging from bed)

Not 100% sure what is available on the uk version.

very strange same car different specs. I know Henri8 has mentioned front sensors on his ( where we don't have this on the uk version ) , so even within Europe there are differences.
I think we have android auto , not sure if Paulin Thailand does, hope he can confirm.

I think we have android auto , not sure if Paulin Thailand does, hope he can confirm.

Morning chaps - 6am here in Thailand, but this is an easy question that I can answer and drink coffee at the same time. Android Auto is not available in Thailand on any car. My solution to this: buy an iPhone for myself and my girlfriend as Apple Carplay is supported.

I should add that the car comes with an onboard data sim card and a subscription to a local music streaming service "True Music" Both these services are free for the first 5 years.

Last edited:
I should add that the car comes with an onboard data sim card and a subscription to a local music streaming service "True Music" Both these services are free for the first 5 years.

Add that to the list of things we don't get 😥

I am curious though where is the SIM located, is it in the infotainment system?

Last edited:
I was just checking MG EU pages saves it seems they are introducing HS plugin similar to Thailand as I read about regen levels.

i have the Exclusive UK model and no regen configuration- Heck EU pages talk about one pedal driving

I skimmed the EU pages, couldn't find and reference to regen adjustment, but I did only skim it, they do seem to get front and rear parking sensors, we only get rear. Which only leads me towards making some post-brexit joke about going forward, but I better not.

Add that to the list of things we don't get 😥

I am curious though where is the SIM located, is it in the infotainment system?

Hi Dragonfly - sorry to say I don't know the answer to where the SIM card slot is located. I haven't found it.

I did start to take some photos, but realised that a video would be better. Before I had finished my gf wanted to borrow the car to show it off to one of her friends. So here is a short vid to start with.

Thanks Paul, much appreciated the app looks very informative, we don't even get the app in the UK, but that looks better than the one for the nissan leaf.

Had to laugh that you "Hello MG" in English, but then speak in Thai, but yes our system is completely different even though it physically looks the same screen etc.

Apart from having to use an iPhone ( I personally don't like them) then your app Paul looks great , and I wish we had it . I could do the hello mg but not sure I know any Thai though to do the voice commands lol 😁

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom