Infotainment and sat nav bricked!

D

Deleted member 2223

Day 3 of ownership, still in hot dispute with Hendy MG Exeter on firmware updates and now infotainment completely unresponsive. I just get a ping sound when i try and hit any icon on screen, power off and on several times including leaving vehicle and lock up. update in morning as who knows the magic fairies may be at work.

I often get the ping with no response, I wiggle the volume dial up and down and it seems to get it working, maybe its wind up😁

My ZS petrol used to blank screen when a phone call ended and nothing would bring it back to life. Would come back to car in morning and all would be back to normal - I have to say dealer never had a clue even how to attempt diagnostics. I’ve learned to live with minor foibles as in the days of our FSO. You get what you pay maybe......

Day 3 of ownership, still in hot dispute with Hendy MG Exeter on firmware updates and now infotainment completely unresponsive. I just get a ping sound when i try and hit any icon on screen, power off and on several times including leaving vehicle and lock up. update in morning as who knows the magic fairies may be at work.
Bjorn nyland had one time the same issue,hè plugged the car on the charger en the problem never came returns....mayby the same with you i hope

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if that dealer can fix it - been there, done that. I had to get restore files from Naviextras who now no longer provide support for some reason. This is a massive gaping hole in support and needs to be resolved by MG. I'd guess to make it go away they'll just swap out the infotainment system, when in actual fact it's a relatively simple coding fix from what I can gather.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Car booked in for diagnostic but have to wait until 14th Dec but will get a courtesy car.

Bjorn nyland had one time the same issue,hè plugged the car on the charger en the problem never came returns....mayby the same with you i hope
Thanks for suggesting - update this morning satnav still bricked but reboot infotainment a d don’t load satnav stops rest locking up

Update on bricked SatNav in garage Mon picked up We’d pm.

Head unit replaced as it had lost licence key and unable to access.

Reinstalled BMS to fix charging unlocked (I note the connector no longer get locked into charging port)

managed to refit the rear USB rubber cover that fell off

Refused to install the battery heater update as not UK approved which I was not sure about anyway

not able to install the OVMS for me

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom