Infotainment meltdown.

SCB86

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Today my infotainment had a complete melt down. Suddenly booted me out of Android Auto then froze on this screen.
No matter how many times I turned the car off and on again it wouldn't work. Tried pressing and holding the middle button too. I even tried turning it off and getting out and locking the car but to no avail.

After about 10 minutes it suddenly rebooted and worked fine again 😑
Is this a common issue with you guys?

Attachments

• PXL_20210112_170112780.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20210112_170112780.NIGHT.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 112
Today my infotainment had a complete melt down. Suddenly booted me out of Android Auto then froze on this screen.
No matter how many times I turned the car off and on again it wouldn't work. Tried pressing and holding the middle button too. I even tried turning it off and getting out and locking the car but to no avail.

I’ve had mine freeze but it came back quickly - un;ike yours. Did you breakdown? Looks like you’re parked on a slip road?

I’ve had the odd issue, but not like what you’ve experienced mine normal reboots in a few seconds.

I was driving along the A38 (dual carriageway) so I pulled into the next parking layby.
Yeh that would p*s me o* really bad and even more so if you are in a busy built up area with no where to stop!
MG get this issue sorted as it seems to be happening a lot, why??!!

I just had my entire infotainment screen freeze up! I was playing music off a USB stick and was scrolling through to find a song when it suddenly wouldn't advance or go back. Volume and mute were fine, but then I noticed that no indicators came up on the screen when I changed the volume. Got home and the screen wouldn't change to the cam when I backed into the driveway. After parking, I tried all the buttons on the screen and none work. Nav, car functions menu....everything is locked out.

Stopping and restarting the car had no effect nor did removing the USB stick. I'm going to wait a half hour and see if the system reboots itself. If not, I'm glad I'm having the car in to the garage for the BMS sofware fix on Friday!

Stopping and restarting the car had no effect nor did removing the USB stick. I'm going to wait a half hour and see if the system reboots itself. If not, I'm glad I'm having the car in to the garage for the BMS sofware fix on Friday!
Update: I let it sit for a half hour then restarted the car. It's all up and running again. Good that, but still a pain!

As a side note, I haven't met a clumsier infotainment system in a modern car. Seriously no button to skip folder? You have to scroll through every single track to get to the next folder! I am aware that you can change the view to folder view and scroll on-screen, but it's like 5 buttons to get to that and frikken dangerous to be mucking about with the screen while driving! Even my 11yo Honda Accord had a better system.

I just had my entire infotainment screen freeze up! I was playing music off a USB stick and was scrolling through to find a song when it suddenly wouldn't advance or go back. Volume and mute were fine, but then I noticed that no indicators came up on the screen when I changed the volume. Got home and the screen wouldn't change to the cam when I backed into the driveway. After parking, I tried all the buttons on the screen and none work. Nav, car functions menu....everything is locked out.

If this happens again press and hold the home button until the MG sign comes up, this is a system re-boot and won’t affect your stereo or driving settings.

If this happens again press and hold the home button until the MG sign comes up, this is a system re-boot and won’t affect your stereo or driving settings.
This did nothing for me. It wouldn't reboot at all. Had to wait for it to sort itself out.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom