Infotainment screen delay

Dave53

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Starting to get frustrated with the delay showing information on the screen, especially the heater controls, I think it's dangerous as it stands as by the time you have made your changes and confirm it is what you want your eyes have been distracted too long from the road, also the information does not stay on the screen long enough so while you are checking the road again it gone😂😂😂, pulling my hair out.

It is quite laggy. I haven't seen a single review that the reviewer doesn't comment on it. Problem is, I understand that it was worse before the comfort 2 update. So this is the improved version :oops:

It is quite laggy. I haven't seen a single review that the reviewer doesn't comment on it. Problem is, I understand that it was worse before the comfort 2 update. So this is the improved version :oops:
I have only ever had the comfort 2 update so it must have been atrocious before that, most reviews seemed to complain about the sat nav loading, I don't mind that but for basic settings surely they must be able to speed it up, I was wondering if the computer has to decipher the input from a non-digital input and that causes the delay

The MG5 is just as bad..it is liveable but when you are used to German efficiency it is a bit slow

It's not just the laggyness. The touch screen is also very poor. Often, even when using Android Auto it takes a number of attempts to select something on screen. Scrolling is also poor. It definitely needs a software update.

I agree. Although using Apple Carplay it works great - apart from the heating of course. I’ve got used to just feeling the clicks on the wheel and not waiting for the screen.

Have any of you tired updating the satnav software? This also updates the infotainment system too, at least it did on mine when I did it. It's still laggy though, but not depressingly slow. Oh, and there's the risk of bricking your unit if the update fails.

A software update on this unit would be welcome if done at the dealers, but I wonder if it uses a slow CPU - or shares it with other functions - that's the root of the problem.

USB plugged in, slows down the screen! I get a response time of about 1/2 second with USB out. With it in, lag is about 1 to 2 seconds! I'm using a 64GB memory stick which must be taking up system resources.

Starting to get frustrated with the delay showing information on the screen, especially the heater controls, I think it's dangerous as it stands as by the time you have made your changes and confirm it is what you want your eyes have been distracted too long from the road, also the information does not stay on the screen long enough so while you are checking the road again it gone😂😂😂, pulling my hair out.
Hi, I have a 2021 MG HS Essence Anfield which has more than the lag. When the Nav is loading, the green bar goes to around 70% then stops there. Nothing loads. MG Service centre has advised me there is a software update being developed to fix the problem, has anyone else heard of any updates for a fix for this problem?

No noticeable improvement on mine after the update. Between 1 and 2 seconds to appear and the same to disappear. It doesn't make adjusting the heat on the move safe to do.

I have a ZS 1.5 Auto ( 1 yr old ) and am also dismayed at the time it takes to boot up the screen , have had 3 updates but don’t see any improvement anywhere .
My issue is that on 3 occasions when selecting reverse without waiting for screen to fully boot the radio opens at FULL volume ( frightens the life out of me ) and doesn’t reset, back to the set volume, until disengage reverse, the volume or mute function is overridden by the reverse function.
Living in Thailand I usually want to up the air con when entering the car and it’s been in the sun for a while but the delay in the infotainment screen is annoying !!

I have a ZS 1.5 Auto ( 1 yr old ) and am also dismayed at the time it takes to boot up the screen, have had 3 updates but don’t see any improvement anywhere.
My issue is that on 3 occasions when selecting reverse without waiting for the screen to fully boot the radio opens at FULL volume ( frightens the life out of me ) and doesn’t reset, back to the set volume, until disengage reverse, the volume or mute function is overridden by the reverse function.
Living in Thailand I usually want to up the air con when entering the car and it’s been in the sun for a while but the delay in the infotainment screen is annoying !!
There is a software update to correct your issues, you might have to pay for it though as they class it as an improvement update.

There is a software update to correct your issues, you might have to pay for it though as they class it as an improvement update.
Agreed @Dave53.
Here is a quote taken from another great forum by James ( from James & Kate fame, on You Tube ).
The update was originally released for the ZS EV so therefore I would expect it would be compatible with the ICE version.
A quick call to your dealer should clarify the situation.
It was the subject of a MG Service Bulletin SA0020.

Thanks James !.

Infotainment System update for ZSEV (not MG5)​

"Late June 2021 - There is a new update available for the infotainment system (SA0020).
It is to stop or fix the intermittent freezing of the screen.
It is not classed as an urgent update and can be carried out when vehicles go in for a service or a repair.
A few dealers are already contacting their owners to invite them to book their car in, but not all will be able to do this straight away".

Hope this is of some use.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom